Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
BobT42
Onlooker

Michael, that is not the reason for this suggestion. Not having pc as a trusted is just a pain even with email as transport of code. You end up having to do it it all day long if you are monitoring it from your laptop 

I know, but people seem to have lost the plot since the discussion started. Take the message before mine:

Very annoying switching between Mg phone and tablet

What has that got to do with a PC?

Perhaps it is just very badly explained.

macbillybob
Onlooker

This has to be addressed now. I mostly login with my pc as others here do. PITA to have to enter a code to login.

NC1980
Fledgling

I agree with everyone else on this matter.  A person should be able to add their PC as a trusted device.

dqhurst17
Novice

I have lousy cell reception where I live.  I need my laptop to be a trusted device.  Figure it out Arlo.

Flicker6
Guide

How aggravating that I can't save either my PC or my Mac as an authorized device with 2FA .  Just one more reason not to sink any more money into this system.  Arlo can't get their act together with Flash which pretty much makes any desktop access to my cameras obsolete and now this.  I am all for 2FA but seriously, I shouldn't have to have my phone by my side every time I want to check my cameras on MY personal computer!  Come one Arlo, throw us a bone - are you working on it or not?

Arlo,

Please, with 2 factor authentication being forced on everyone by Nov 30, you must allow PCs and Kindle Fire devices to be trusted so that you do not need to get a code every time you login!  This is way too annoying and cell reception is limited for us sometimes.

johnftr
Initiate

It is still impossible to add a desktop or any browser-based access machine to be a trusted device using the current Arlo implementation of 2fa authentication. I know this has been discussed before but I have seen NO resolution to this and the deadline is fast approaching.

Many many people user their desktop or laptop to monitor their cameras, check the library footage etc. Now, every time you wish to do so using a browser, you HAVE to have your mobile to hand (or email) in order to login. This is close to unacceptable for users. Most other web-based providers that require 2fa have enabled this - whic is Arlo different?

THIS NEEDS FIXING ASAP.

d0lphin
Apprentice

When did they push the end date to Nov 30?  There is no way I'm going to try to authenticate anything while I'm driving down the road or wondering down the aisles of walmart or HyVee. Arlo is going to make this expensive system useless. Still think they should have to buy the system back when they change the demands after being purchased.

Flicker6
Guide

Arlo should really follow Venmo's example.  I have the Venmo app on my iPhone just like Arlo.  I logged into Venmo.com and it said "do you want to authorize this device"  and of course I do so I just entered the pin code Venmo texted to my phone into venmo.com and tada...  now I have two devices that can access Venmo, my phone and safari on my Mac.  No repeated prompts for codes, just Easy Peasy.