Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
svrarlo
Tutor

Another well thought out implementation by Netgear..  Let's only allow 2 Trusted devices ! That will piss them off !

Out of interest, how many sensitive operations allow us to nominate a PC as a "known source"?

Both of the two banks I use sometimes require me to authenticate my PC when I login.

Knowing how widespread this practice is would be useful ammunition to aim at Arlo.

silverado44
Virtuoso

Why cant a PC be added to the Two-Step Verification as a trusted device? Iam I missing something here? Both of my phones and tablet are good to go but the PC cant be added?

EvanEscent
Guide

Arlo, September 30 is only 23 days away. Please fix this now. C'mon boys, everyone knows how to do this. . .there's no reason not to. Thank you in advance!

-EE

RichCO
Onlooker

Adding the same request.  This should be simple to do and 2FA just made it a ton harder.  Multiple times now I wanted the camera up ASAP.  Just a few minutes ago to check for solicitor while I am trying to work from home.  By the time I jumped through all the crazy hoops to get logged back in after auto logout (which is way to quick), the person was gone.  I want the ability to:

1)  Stay logged into my browser..pc is already password protected

2)  Set the time to autolog off vs getting the short default (or turn off)

3)  Setting to prevent getting logged off of PC if I use the phone app.

wlmasonii
Novice

The way Arlo has set up two-step verification will pretty much make our system useless to us. We routinely use our PCs to access it.  Running to grab our phone to authorize access every time we want to log in our pcs is a nonstarter.  Every other service I use including banking has you authorize a device ONE TIME. Arlo, either fix this before or delay the 2FA requirement until this is resolved

@1417 wrote:

Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC.

It certainly needs fixing, but you don't have to use a mobile for confirmation.

You can tell Arlo to send you an email with the code.

Slow and painful, but it does not need any other device.

dcfox1
Master

@michaelkenward 

Where are you seeing the e-mail option? It used to be there and now I don't see it like other post. I may be missing it though or do you mean call them. 

BDG81
Novice

Piling on to this post.  Arlo really needs to allow other devices to be trusted.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso