Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Make PC as a trusted device for 2FA

I use 3 devices to access my Arlo cams. My phone, my tablet and my PC. It isn't possible to add my PC to known devices for the 2 step verification process. Every time I try to access my cams via my PC, I have to get the code from my phone and enter it in my PC. Would be much easier for PC users to have the capability to list the PC as a known device. 

Comments
StephenB
Guru

Totally agree.  Users should be able to list multiple known devices.

BetaCygni
Aspirant

This is about access to Arlo Videos on the website.

Why do I have to use two factor authentication from my PC?

All other websites I use (including bank websites) allow me to use two factor authentication ONCE to enable login from my PC but after that I can declare it a "TRUSTED DEVICE".

I don't have to use two factor authentication after that.

Why can't the Arlo Website do the same?

StephenB
Guru

@BetaCygni wrote:

All other websites I use (including bank websites) allow me to use two factor authentication ONCE to enable login from my PC but after that I can declare it a "TRUSTED DEVICE".

I don't have to use two factor authentication after that.

Why can't the Arlo Website do the same?

I agree this is the way it ought to work.

g3niu5
Luminary

so i have 2fa on through my phone. whenever i login with my chromebook i have to approve it thru my phone...ALWAYS...

can i not save my chromebook as trusted device??

TomMac
Guru

You not alone, several threads on this.... Arlo is aware

Personally, I turned mine off.

Kevin_In_Ky
Tutor

ALL other 2 factor authentication for other apps I use support remembering a device.  I do not understand why Arlo implemented this differently

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso

So, each time I want to log on to the Arlo web portal on my laptop I am forced to go look for my iPhone to retrieve a "one time"  authentication code and enter it on the screen on my laptop.

No one but me uses my laptop so there are no security concerns. Is there not a way that I can permanently allow authorization of my laptop so as to not having to go around the house looking for my iPhone to read the code?  

dcfox1
Master

Turn off 2 factor authorization in app, worked for me.

Reallyconfused
Virtuoso
Yes, well, um.....never thought of that (he says, feeling foolish!)

Don't feel foolish. I'd lay money on someone else wondering what was going on and then seeing this solution.

I ended up with 2 factor authorization and still don't know quite how I landed there. I did remember to turn it off though.

Your question and the answer will be here as a nudge to others in the same boat.