Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Top Contributors
0 Likes

Longer cable length

I would like Arlo to produce or recommend a longer (30ft), or greater cable that would go from camera to a solar panel. This would allow us to position the solar panel in the best location for recharging. I'm using the Arlo pro.

2 Comments
Arlo Moderator

We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

I see that longer cables are a must with a lot of users, and looking at the dates of posts the manufactures still haven't taken this into consideration. I was on LIVE chat and told the cable to connect my wireless outdoor camera's was only 8.2 feet long. 8 feet? Um ok. Part of my chat transcript today:

"Well I see that I've done everything I can to make these camera's work because I like them, but there are so many negative points against them. Hopefully I can still take them back. You've got to be kidding me that the cable is only 8' long. You need to tell the manufacturer to make a longer cable, because I'm sorry 8' is a joke."

"That's as tall as me with my arm's stretched out and that isn't even close to an outlet for my outdoor's. People use these for outdoor security, but it's not very user friendly to actually use conveniently."

"I will still recommend the product no doubt, but if I did some more research whereas I fully knew I could only plug in a camera to have CVR mode, but the OUTDOOR camera up in my soffits had to be plugged in within 8' feet of an outlet, I would have passed."

So is there going to be an option for a 25' cable, but I was told only 8.2' is currently available?