Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live view is not fast enough

When someone walks in the frame of the camera, it takes way too long to view the image. Open the app, then wait for "getting status" which sometimes takes a minute, then press the play button on the screen, then wait for the camera to connect, then see the image. Pretty much useless for seeing whats going on at the very moment its happening.

Comments
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

chuck159,

What are your speeds from your ISP? Does this issue occur every time you open Live View?

Jonjonajamieson
Apprentice

My speeds are 360mbps dl and 20 UL. Even at full signal strength for example with everything in same room. I.e. cameras Arlo baseunit and Internet router all in same room and I press live view half the time it doesn’t even work. Most times it takes about 10seconds minimum. 

StuBee
Luminary

I agree it's slow. Whats strange is that when I first got the Arlo (few years ago), there was hardly any lag.

On Android it's more annoying because half the time the app doesn't authenticate properly and you have to flip it off the screen and relaunch. (I think it caches old data unless you close it out each time)

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Devisom,

This feature is currently not available. The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

bmwdriver7175
Apprentice

My biggest gripe is how slow the system is.  I have a 1000gb data connection with 50gb on the upload side.  Full bars on the base station connection and it still can take up to 10 seconds to see an image, and many times it takes multiple tries for the picture to come up.  Fast connection should not be considered a feature, rather a necessity as others already do that.  Given the cost of the Arlo cameras its like driving a Ferrari in eco-pro mode.  What's the point of that.  Arlo I hope you can consider how to improve turnaround time through your servers.

The live view with my pro system is useless.  Now with the new app, it has live audio, but the video is an old picture.  It is a real, and expensive, disappointment.

carib909yah
Novice

Selective arming of individual cameras. That way external cameras can remain armed.

TLR2
Follower

Yes this is so true. I have the Arlo HD and sometimes takes close to 1 min. Before the live feed starts 

stefannilsson
Fledgling

Can you please provide a local RTSP stream for us who needs a more low-latency stream?

Arlouser062019
Onlooker

I have complained about this same issue and it has been about 3 months....still have not corrected the issue as the techs have you check your internet speeds, remove/reinstall all of you devices. Then they tell you that it's a problem on their end and they are working on it, but it never gets fixed. They also say that you need to update your app or your phone or wait a while and call back if the problem remains after they replace an item. What a crock of **bleep**. Their product is trash.