Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Live view is not fast enough

When someone walks in the frame of the camera, it takes way too long to view the image. Open the app, then wait for "getting status" which sometimes takes a minute, then press the play button on the screen, then wait for the camera to connect, then see the image. Pretty much useless for seeing whats going on at the very moment its happening.

Comments
azarloGuy
Apprentice

No improvements whatsoever, still slow to connect.  My  $25.97 Wyze Camera and my $39.97 Wyze Pan Tilt and Zoom Camera I purchased from Home depot have a great picture, audio and fast connection.  Sure they aren't battery operated but they WORK!  Arlo cameras can cost 10 to 15 times this amount and are plagued with problems, like horrendously slow connection (I'm on a gigablast pipe, which also has 50 mbit on the upload side, so don't blame me for the slow connection, oh yeah, forgot, Arlo isn't listening or doesn't care). At this point I don't really care if Arlo survives.  I am going to slowly sell my system and find something that works, or at least a company that is trying.

BisbeeBAM
Onlooker

It just seems that Arlo just doesn't care to fix the issue - how many complaints does it take to get action .. or even a statement from the company that they aren't going to take action? Seem these community comments aren't monitored at all. What a waste of money this was. 

demannu
Apprentice

best thing you can do is warn everyone you can to NOT BUY ARLO.

Have personally managed to talk 2 people out of buying Arlo, the nail in the coffin was point them towards this forum so they can see the number of complaints of this terrible product. 

azarloGuy
Apprentice

I’ve lost count how many people I’ve told and how many bought a different system.  The latest was my son who bought a new house and asked me about camera systems I told him not to to even think about getting Arlo because the support is lousy.  

Ancient1
Aspirant

We have 4 ARLO Pro cameras, and they all seem to be working fine.  I would like for there to be less delay when a movement is sensed - we have wildlife that triggers a camera, but they move fast enough that they are usually just leaving camera view by the time the camera actually registers a hit.  My main concern, though, is that once we get a notice that something has been picked up on camera, there is a long delay before we can actually see on screen what the camera has picked up.  Between the camera delay and the viewing delay, we almost never are able to see what has triggered the camera before it has left the area.

While I am at it, why do we have to go through a long, tedious login process every time we sign in to our system?  You should be able to recognize my computer and give me immediate access, like other programs do.

This reads more like a request for help than an Arlo Idea Exchange. Is that right?

This bit in particular:

@Ancient1 wrote:

While I am at it, why do we have to go through a long, tedious login process every time we sign in to our system?  You should be able to recognize my computer and give me immediate access, like other programs do.

Who knows what you are doing and why you see a delay? 

Ancient1
Aspirant

Sorry if I offended you, Sensei.  I felt I was presenting ideas that would improve the results.  I have a large investment in ARLO equipment, and I believe I am entitled to top-notch response from it.  As it is, when I click on my ARLO icon, I get a login screen that says my session is timed out.  Even though my login info is pre-filled, I still have to click twice to get through it, and then get a screen advertising other ARLO services.  I then click "maybe later", and finally am able to get to my devices and library.  I have any number of other programs that take me straight to my primary screen when I click on their icon.  Obviously, you have some secret way to get to your info that none of us know about.  Would you mind sharing it?  Or do you exist only to criticize the posts of others?

richard203
Aspirant

brought arlo pro3 floodlight took forever to load when some1 near my house. once it open the person left already. =.= told all my friend about this problem not to buy arlo.

DDMK18
Aspirant

Same thing here! It's always been incredibly slow if the camera is recording, can't really even use the audio because the person is long gone by the time it connects.

demannu
Apprentice

absolutely shocking the complete and utter disregard arlo has had to such a popular thread. yet they'll add meaningless features that no has asked for.