Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enable Constant Recording for AC Powered Arlo Pros

The new Arlo Pro can be AC powered as well as battery powered. Seems like the Arlo Q's can do Constant Recording since they are AC powered, I understand that constant recording would destroy battery life, but for AC powered Arlo Pro's constant recording should be an option with motion alerts showing as blips on the timeline, and the ability to skip to next motion event. Benefit of this is to see the entire event unfold if the person was in frame the whole time but not triggering motion until close.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

JeremyJe,

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

steveski07
Tutor

Unless I'm missing an obvious setting somewhere, the Arlo Q's cannot do constant recording (although I wish they could).  I have an Arlo Q Plus which has SD card support, but all it does is just locally record the same thing as what's being recorded to the cloud as far as I know.  I'd love it locally recorded everything and only sent motion alerts to the cloud.  I agree this would be a great feature on any wired Arlo camera that has external storage capabilities.

jrosscoe
Follower

There has to be some way to get live video from the Arlo Pro cameras to a monitor for continuous live viewing; whether it comes from the base or the camera - we need a way to accomplish this.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

If it is for indoor use, wait for the Arlo Baby availability. Take the little bunny suit off the camera and you have a 1080p camera (rather than the 720p Arlo Pro) that will accept 5 live streams at once and will stream the video to your device (or their Arlo tablet) BEFORE it goes to the cloud for recording if you are on the same wifi network as the Arlo Baby. Can even do CVR.  Sounds like a nifty little camera that will even allow you to check environmental variables of the room it's in. You probably won't want to play the lullabies 😉 

looker
Initiate

I think this idea makes a great deal of sense if there's a local storage device attached to the Pro system's base via USB.  Why not allow an owner to connect a 2TB USB drive and for AC powered cameras suspend cloud storage if capacity of cloud infrastructure is a concern of the developers.

rstantoine
Onlooker

The continuous live stream is needed at least when cameras are plugged in

pmoneaux
Onlooker

Just purchased my first arlo camera and so far I love the system! I Definately plan on adding one a month until all my needs are met. The ONLY thing I wish we would have is the ability for at least one of our cameras to continuously record.  We had an incident in our neighborhood with break-ins last week. Since I live at the front of the neighborhood,  the thieves parked on the far end of my property (which is out of range for the motion sensor) and walked.  If we would have CVR capabilities I would have been able to pull at least the vehicles description and possibly the liscense plate to give to the police.

nixwebo
Aspirant

If you have the motion activation turned on, it should have caught part of the incident right?

I know you can set the recording time longer in the settings, but motion is the trigger used when they are armed.

nixwebo
Aspirant

Nevermind, I read your post again and see that it was too far.  You can also adjust the sensitifity of the motion detection, that could be helpful too.