Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

LED Light to Indicate if Arlo is Armed or Disarmed

Given alot of Arlos are installed within the home which we all know is quite a private space - it would be good to know when the arlo is armed or disarmed just by looking at it (rather than having to open the Ap on your phone all the time).

Instead of the Blue dot being constant( which only indicates its on and connected)--- Green for Armed, Red for Disarmed. Surley this could be programed into the device?

Cheers,

Ash

Comments
GeorgeR2
Fledgling

Right now the Arlo Q allows the blue indicator light to be turned always on or always off. This doesn't really provide any usefull information. Please add an option to allow the blue light to be on when the system is armed, and off when the system is disarmed.

This could also be done with the wireless cameras, but I don't know how battery life would be affected.

JamesC
Community Manager

Hybrid34,

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

Dale_Buggins
Novice

I would like to see a feature added please - a flashing indicator light on all cameras when armed. This would be a deterrent to criminals and help prevent crime. I love my Arlo Pro2 system and this is the only thing that I’m disappointed in. Even fake CCTV cameras have a flashing indicator light to scare off criminals.