Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notification when live view is used

Would be great to receive a notification when live viewing is used. For geofencing reasons my whole family have access to Arlo. Although it’s because it’s new on a number of occasions my wife or daughters have been at friends houses and said “hey, look at this” and have switched live feed on in my living room whilst someone is home. As there is no shutter this would be the same if it was hacked. It’s all a little big brother and so would be good to have all shared accounts notified if live feed is enabled.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

jgkolt
Onlooker

It would give a lot of parents peace of mind to know when someone is watching the video stream on the camera (configurable to be able to turn off) and also within the app and website. Other baby monitor cameras change color once the video is streaming.

moteltan
Aspirant

I second that feature request. We heads of households would like to know when a particular camera is in Live View mode. We can already receive notifications and use as trigger events in Stringify/IFTTT flows/recipes when motion is detected or a video is recorded. It seems like adding the Live View Invoked event to the notification & shareable triggers lists would be pretty straightforward. 

People want to know when they are being watched. 

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

jgkolt
Onlooker

Just checking in after a couple of years if this idea had been reviewed, considered, and if there is any planned action on this request?