Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Integrate Q to be used in a mode with wireless cameras

Now that the Q camera is available, I'd like to see it be integrated into the modes so you can add a rule along with the wireless cameras. Since we currently need a separate mode solely for one Q, its impossible to set up modes utilizing all possible devices for scheduling. Complete integration, treating the Q as one would for any wireless camera, increases the utility of especially the Q but all cameras as part of a system.

Comments
TnIan
Follower

Glad I found this thread. I was just about to buy a couple of Qs to go with my Pros.

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Uncommitted Candidate

pchaddy
Fledgling

Is this idea dead or never coming?   You would think this would be an easy integration to tie all the camera products together. 

JamesC
Community Manager

pchaddy,

The Arlo team is still working hard to deliver new features to all existing Arlo product lines. I encourage you to continue offering your support for new ideas by adding Kudos.

JamesC

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

DarbyB
Fledgling

+1  Please add/fix this. We just added a Q and have to arm each system when we leave. I really thought the Q would integrate better with my existing system.

jmm888
Fledgling

++1

I just got the Arlo Pro with 4 cameras.  I was going to put one in a detached shop on my property but didn't realize that the Arlo Pro are not wifi cameras and need to be within range of the base station.  After much searching and no real good solutions, I came across the Arlo Q but until it can integrate with my other cameras on the base station, no good reason for me to buy it.

sl7z
Novice

I also recently purchased 4 Arlo Pro cameras and the Arlo Q. I was disappointed that they weren't all integrated, PLUS the base station is more central in my house compared to my WiFi, so my Arlo Q has a weak signal compared to the Arlo Pros. PLEASE make it so that the Arlo Q can use the signal from the base station so that it can also be completely integrated!!!

ucbsupafly
Novice

TTT!  Let’s get this request rolling again.  It’s a joke that no one from Arlo is looking into this.  Keep on telling us to add Kudos IS NOT A SOLUTION OR A SATISFACTORY RESPONSE.