Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Integrate Q to be used in a mode with wireless cameras

Now that the Q camera is available, I'd like to see it be integrated into the modes so you can add a rule along with the wireless cameras. Since we currently need a separate mode solely for one Q, its impossible to set up modes utilizing all possible devices for scheduling. Complete integration, treating the Q as one would for any wireless camera, increases the utility of especially the Q but all cameras as part of a system.

Comments
ggraeff
Tutor

@JamesC Understood that both cameras can be access in the app, but will we ever be able to manage Qs and base station-connected cameras, (like the wire frees) together, as if they were all connected to the base station, so we can apply single operations (like modes) to all cameras simultaneously, irrespective of their connection type?  Today, I'm having to use my SmartThings hub to perform homogoneous operations, but it would be nicer to do that natively.

Thanks!

Gary

adambean
Luminary

Would like to understand if there is a timeline on when this integration will occur? Debating returning a 3 camera Pro system in favor of a mix between Q's and Pro's being that the Pro can only record in 720.

Thanks

jontom
Fledgling
This integration should be a no-brainer. I have a detached garage that the base station signal won't reach, so a wired camera is necessary. Its bonkers that I can't purchase and Arlo Q and connect into the same pool as my wireless cameras.
tpomerhn
Fledgling

Couldn't agree more. You need this functionality, Netgear. I should be able to marry my Q into the base station's wifi network without any need for a home wifi network. That way all cameras are in one wireles domain. I completely understand the desire to make something that's not dependent on the base station but I'm really upset that this functionality isn't there. Would have bought another wireless pro instead of this thing instead.

Not. Happy.

pmb168
Fledgling

Allow Arlo Q cameras to trigger each other, like apparently other Arlo models can.  I'd like <Camera A> to trigger <Camera B>.  I cannot have <Camera B> self trigger as it's field of view would consistently be set off by my dog.  <Camera A> can see the door that <Camera B> is above.  I'd like it so that if <Camera A> sees the door open then <Camera B> starts recording, to get the clearest picture of who entered.

GBFKicks
Aspirant
The Q is a great camera, but it is surprising (maybe even embarrassing?) that there isn't better integration between the Arlo Pro and Arlo Q more than a year after requests started.   1) Arm and Disarm all cameras at the same time 2) Be able to connect to the Pro base station (both for local storage and alarm) 3) Better smart home integration as a group The bottom line is that the integration should be seamless.  This isn't a novel concept. 
ShockwavePyro
Apprentice

I agree, talk about not listening to your customers

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo team is still working hard to deliver new features to all existing Arlo product lines. I encourage you to continue offering your support for new ideas by adding Kudos.

JamesC

pepealvarez
Fledgling

Today I received my Arlo Q plus with the idea of ​​replacing one of my Arlo wireless for this little wonder and great disappointment, it does not work integrated with the rest of my four Arlo. How I regret not to read this thread before. With all the pain of my heart I have to take it back to Amazon. I hope Netgear to solve this serious development error soon. Thank you

JTRAN80
Guide

Needs this ASAP