Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Integrate Q to be used in a mode with wireless cameras

Now that the Q camera is available, I'd like to see it be integrated into the modes so you can add a rule along with the wireless cameras. Since we currently need a separate mode solely for one Q, its impossible to set up modes utilizing all possible devices for scheduling. Complete integration, treating the Q as one would for any wireless camera, increases the utility of especially the Q but all cameras as part of a system.

Comments
Rydahl
Onlooker
Totally agree!
Just added (or sort of added) a Q to my Arlo app. It came as a complete surprise that the Q wasn't able to connect to the base station. It never crossed my mind to check for this option before buying it. Big disappointment!
Kosmos
Fledgling
Oh boy...this is dissaponitjing. I've got a Q and wanted to add an Arlo for outside...it looks like I'd need to buy the base in addition to the camera, and then again it'll appear as separate to my existing Q. Nah.
ShockwavePyro
Apprentice

COME ON NETGEAR. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN REQUESTING THIS FOR OVER A YEAR NOW!

ChedNG
Aspirant

Bump. I'm interested in this as well.

Osdpr18
Novice
I just bought the Arlo Pro 4 camera kit and a Arlo Q and boy what a dissapointment to find out that you cant connect them together. Im returning everything and buying something else. Netgear, you have to give your paying customers what they are asking.
recrea8ion
Follower

Yes, I'm shocked it doesn't work this way.  I have a bunch of arlo wireless cameras.  Decided to try a Q to get higher res + never run out of batteries.  As I set it up, I expected it to just be another camera in my system that I could add to my existing modes.  I'm confused about how to use the Q.  Doesn't seem to connect to my base station at all and apparently unable to use an rules.  Please integrate Q camera with wireless.

JamesC
Community Manager

recrea8ion,

Arlo Q connects wirelessly to your home router, not the Arlo base station. For more information on how to set up Arlo Q, take a look here:

How do I set up Arlo Q on iOS?

How do I set up Arlo Q on Android?

JamesC

MB2017
Aspirant

I also want to be able to assign any camera to an aribitrary group, which can be acted upon as its own control/mode group. It should not matter that a Pro or Q is connected to a base station or directly to the router.

Thanks for the consideration,

MB2017

Motherone
Fledgling
I'm disappointed. I was going to buy an Arlo Q today with the expectation that I could use it as part of my wireless Arlo 3 camera system. I thought I better check before I buy how it connects to my existing system. Just as well I did eh! There's no point in buying this over another internet security camera on the market even though I already have an Arlo system. I might as well buy a Nest or a Canary for all the integration I'll get with my existing system. I don't care that it doesnt connect to the base station but it needs to operate as a single system in the app.

Missed revenue opportunity for you Netgear!
JamesC
Community Manager

Motherone,

Arlo Q can be added to your existing Arlo app. It will operate as a standalone device but is accessible through the same interface as your other Arlo cameras.

JamesC