Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Integrate Q to be used in a mode with wireless cameras

Now that the Q camera is available, I'd like to see it be integrated into the modes so you can add a rule along with the wireless cameras. Since we currently need a separate mode solely for one Q, its impossible to set up modes utilizing all possible devices for scheduling. Complete integration, treating the Q as one would for any wireless camera, increases the utility of especially the Q but all cameras as part of a system.

Comments
Retired_Member
Not applicable
Yes! Absolutely!! I was a bit surprised when I realised My Arlo-Q was somehow separated from my other wireless devices in my profile and that I could not program rules interacting between all my devices... And also that I had to activate both modes separately in my ios application!! what a shame!

And I don't understand why we are forced to connect the Arlo-Q to the home wi-fi network when we already have a dedicated wireless network for the wireless cameras... Maybe if they were all connected together to the Arlo wireless Base Station it would be easier for you to implement them together in the same system?

Please allow us to control all our cameras together with the same rules and modes and also make it possible to connect the Arlo-Q to your own wireless Base station that we already use for your other wireless cameras!!

You are supposed to provide secure wireless connections to your other cameras, I don't understand why we are forced to connect these devices to a possibly less secured wifi home network...

Thank you!

guidodg
Apprentice

I wish I had known the Q was not integrated into the wireless Arlos...I would have bought another Arlo instead...

Lilu
Aspirant

Yes! I don't understand why there can't be more than one mode when we have multiple cameras. For instance, The front door I would always like motion sensor but the inside of the house cameras only when I am at work. It's a pain to swap modes constantly. Guess I'll stick with motion only and keep deleting all the pics of me walking around the house. It fills up my storage WAY too fast. 

brobison1
Novice

I was so excited for the arlo system, but now I know it is not integrated as a system...  I have to wait for the system.  I will probably only buy one until the system is integrated, and then I will bump it up to a full 5+ camera system.

gildrush
Apprentice

An added benefit is that the Arlo Q could trigger the siren in the Pro base!! I dont need the alarm going off when a dog or leaf crosses my lawn. I do need an alarm when someone enters my home and is seen by the Q

Peaviner
Aspirant

I would also love this feature. I like to have my indoor cameras record when there is motion on the porch, just in case it's someone that means harm. With the Q being my new camera in the family room, it won't automatically record when there's motion on the front porch.

lfdtousmc
Aspirant
Bumping this to the top. Arlo, you really need to get this feature implemented! There is no reason why you would not want to make your product MORE useful to the customer base. The best avenue of approach would be to have the Q camera act as just another wireless camera with regard to setting rules and activating the base station siren. The worst problem of all is that you do not advertise that the Q family of cameras do not integrate with the base station at all.
cebruns
Novice

+1 on this thread/feature request.  I just got my Arlo Q today and figured I could just add it to the Base Station that is running my 3 Arlo Pros.  Now I have to setup a Totally new "Mode" to operate just this one camera.  C'mon - that's weak.  Bad user experience.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: Engineering Investigation

rgraphic
Fledgling

Well I wish i would have read this before purchasing...I really assumed based on the way they are advertised they would work together. Please make this happen netgear!