Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Integrate Arlo Doorbell with Geofencing functionality

Hello,

I would really like the ability to control how the doorbell behaves based on whether I am home or not.

Ie, when I am not home I would like the doorbell to call my phone and when I am home I want it to rind the chime.

At the moment it seems the only way to do this is by manually am switching every time, which I don’t understand because the geofencing mode has already even created for cameras.

Also, I really want to be able to disable the leave a message feature.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

AndrewSmith
Aspirant

+1

i have recently purchased an Arlo Doorbell and was surprised this feature was missing.

Andy

Nepher
Aspirant
I agree on this. Honestly, it is very annoying when everybody's at home... the chime starts, and then after a few secs, every cell rings, and there's no way to stop it unless you get your phone and answer, which is not what you're supposed to do if someone is waiting at the door.
BoHansen
Novice

I totally agree. The audio doorbell much function with geofenching like cameras do. At the moment I have taken down the Arlo doorbell, and put up the old doorbell and chime. Please fix this problem soon.

Slongworthsmith
Fledgling

Please make this an option sooner!!!!

It would also be a good idea for cameras to link cameras too so they can turn on if pressed only not just doorbell motion.

We have 1 camera which points down the road to pick up number plates if required but we don’t want this on all the time as the motion sensor would go crazy. As there is no option for doorbell motion sensitivity (which should also be a feature) we could simple have it connected so if someone rang the doorbell then the camera would turn on. Of if the sensitivity issue was sorted then we could have it only come on when someone is right next to the door rather than anytime a car drove past!!

£100+ for a doorbell and chime and currently it only rings just like a normal doorbell as the phone answering drove us all crazy.