Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Include Mode in notifications for Arlo App

I would like to make a feature suggestion for notifications sent to my mobile device.

Currently the notification reads something like:

ARLO
Motion detected on Camera A at 12:00 PM.

Instead it would be helpful to include the base station mode in the notifications so it reads something like:

ARLO

Base station is Armed Custom and motion detected on Camera A at 12:00 PM.

This way, when I receive a notification, I can see immediately which of my custom "armed" modes the system is currenly in. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Comments
chris1502207608
Aspirant

And following this idea, it would also be nice to have the current mode displayed on the Devices tab, since it is the default screen when opening the Arlo App. Or at the least, poll the system for the current mode setting, so that there is not a wait when you do select the Mode tab. There is a considerable delay for the mode to show when I select it.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

julman
Aspirant

I too would, firstly, like to see the current mode displayed on the Devices tab and, secondly,  include the base station mode in the notifications. 

How does the Arlo development team determine which feature requests are most popular?

Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hi @julman

Kudos are part of the deciding factor for the Idea Exchange Board.