Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Auto or timed brightness

Would be great to have either auto brightness or timed brightness so you can set different levels for day and night. During the day one of my cameras is near direct sunlight but at night I need the best brightness possible for that area. If the brightness could be adjusted depending on ambient light that would be logical.
Comments
Apprentice

Owing to poor night vision on the Arlo Pro, I find that turning up the brightness at night is really helpful for seeing activity. The problem is in the morning I need to turn it back to the middle position. I have read others saying they do the same. It would be great if NG could do a firmware update so the user can set desired brightness depending on time of day or night. 

miladm
Fledgling

It would be great if the Arlo team provides support for users to customize camera settings for different hours in the day.

For example, users can greatly benefit from automatically setting custom brightness levels on cameras for daytime vs nighttime. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Mobis
Apprentice

Yes Phil, I was going to ask the same question, Timing so that the brightness can be raised during the night and back down during the day.

I just had a idiot run through our front yard and Nick and destroyed our solar lights, but the night video was too dark.

I will be installing some sensor lights to help the cameras but it would be great if there could be times set to brighten and lower back down for daylight.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

spyrl
Novice

Thanks ShayneS, hopefully Arlo gets this implemented quickly.  Not having the ablility to schedule brightness changes into our cameras isn't really something I would call a "feature" though, but more of a necessity as the brightness needs of the day vs night can change greatly and make one or the other unusable when the same brightness settings are used for both, especially when using the Arlo cameras on a door or near windows.  Please make this a "need" to implement, vs a "want" to implement item.  Thanks!

Mobis
Apprentice

I hope this Idea isn't too hard and hasn't fallen on deaf ears as this is a great idea, whats the use of having night vision if it cant automatically adjust.

Nikk777
Initiate

Often my Arlo Pro 2 goes into night vision during the middle of the day or in a room where the light is turned on.  I would like to be able to adjust when night vision kicks in instead of the camera determining that.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

@Nikk777

Have you tried to reboot the base station? You may also remove & re-sync the camera if that does not help.

Nikk777
Initiate

Hey ShayneS, thanks for the quick response.  Yes, i have done all of the above.  It's the same for my Arlo Pro's as well as regular Arlo's.  I have 5 regular Arlo's on a regular base, 4 Pro's and 1 Pro 2 on a Pro base.  They all have issues with going into night vision mode without a real need.  Often the video starts out in color looking great and then switches to B/W which is quite frustrating.  With all of the adjustments such as motion sensitivity, sound sensitivity, time, actions on alarm, etc. you would think they could allow more control over when the camera switches to B/W.