Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Auto or timed brightness

Would be great to have either auto brightness or timed brightness so you can set different levels for day and night. During the day one of my cameras is near direct sunlight but at night I need the best brightness possible for that area. If the brightness could be adjusted depending on ambient light that would be logical.
Comments
GearNetRouter
Virtuoso

I wish NG would add a feature for customization of settings based on time. Perhaps this could be incorporated into the mode tab section.  I would like to be able to adjust video brightness based on time of day. Want brighter at night and normal during the day. 

akshun
Novice
Finer adjustment is needed for Brightness.
This video shows the transition between -1 and -2.
-2 is never fully reached in the 5 seconds.
You can see during the transition where the license plate numbers become visible. However the license plate numbers are invisible at -1 Brightness and all image is invisible at -2 brightness. I need the ability to adjust in smaller increments between the current -1 and -2 settings. 

Hi!

Check out this video from my Arlo camera.

Just click the link below to watch it but don't wait too long--this link will only work for 24 hours.

https://arlo.netgear.com/hmsweb/users/library/share/link/<redacted>
    Support please feel free to contact me for the video share link if neccessary.
Enjoy!

akshun
Novice

very good idea, this would make these camera's much more powerful.

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

champvermont
Novice

would like the opportunity to adjust brightness especially in a snowy environment ..since nightlight differs in setting from a daytime brightness setting

thanks

phil

I also adjusted my cameras at night for brightness. Porch lights confuse the cameras exposure. I adjusted it, only to find out the next day that my day time exposure was pure white. Great idea! 

paul_tamalunas
Fledgling

How is this not ranked higher? It's ridiculous to have to reconfigure the dang camera every morning and evening.

cajunss
Initiate

I would like to have this option as well.

SanderJ
Star

I got the same problem which makes the camera almost unusable for my front door. At night the camera shifts to maximum brightness. Sadly, these settings are maintained during the day which makes my whole picture one big lightbulb and I really can't see a thing on it! Very, very ridicolous for a so called 'outdoor camera'. Got the Pro version by the way. Netgear fix this.

SanderJ
Star

I got the same problem which makes the camera almost unusable for my front door. At night the camera shifts to maximum brightness. Sadly, these settings are maintained during the day which makes my whole picture one big lightbulb and I really can't see a thing on it! Very, very ridicolous for a so called 'outdoor camera'. Got the Pro version by the way. Netgear fix this.