Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT support

A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

Thanks everyone for the kudos and support for this idea.  Our management team is aware of it's popularity and your continued feedback is greatly appreciated!

JamesC

Bendavis
Aspirant

Thanks James -- I'm really glad we heard back from the company. The lack of this feature is driving me nuts, there is no reliable way for me to turn my cameras on and off and interact with the rest of my house. It's got me to the point I refuse to buy more cameras to cover areas I'd like to cover. I was even considering dumping the ones I have and telling every person who will listen how "not smart" these cameras are.

JBLAC
Fledgling

James, I'm glad management is aware that we want the feature, however, are there plans from management to implement it? It's been months for us early adopters without any new features or integration options.  I'm unsure of weather to stay with arlo or to buy into another system that has more usability. 

froder
Tutor

James, Thank you very much for the update, the one before this was in 2014....

Now could you share the road map for IFTTT integration release, and if possible Apple Homekit and Amazon Echo too.

best,

froder

RegDawg
Apprentice

For me, having this feature would ease my frustrations abit with the motion sensing issues. My home is pretty much automated from the locks to the lights, to the garage door. Being able to have the feature of the arlo detecting motion to turn on my front porch lights or our living room lights would be an awesome feature. 

JamesC
Community Manager

I understand that this is a very popular concern and I do apologize that I do not have more information at this time but I will keep you all posted. I encourage you to continue the great feedback on why it's implementation is important and assure you that your voice is being heard by our development team.  Thank you!

JamesC

Bschneidz
Onlooker
Please get IFTTT and geofencing going!!!!
Bschneidz
Onlooker
+1
TRGoodman
Novice

Integration with SmartThings and other home automation devices would be great. 

RobertSheaO
Novice

I really want to buy this system, 4-5 cameras, due to it's outdoor abilities; however, I can't invest in something that won't integrate into my smart home system. Here's a few issues I have from reading these forums.

1) You can't record for more than 30 seconds. Homeboy, desite not being HD, records until the motion stops

2) You can't setup areas you care about for motion detection, like Nest Cam.

3) No IFTTT or Z-Wave integration prevents me from turning on lights, locking the door, setting of a siren, or many other things based on motion.

Address these three issues, and I'll gladly buy 5 cameras for my house.