Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT support

A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

Comments
sgm
Aspirant
Aspirant

The end of April is almost upon us. The cybershack article mentioned above reports that Netgears boss of the Arlo product is promising IFTTT support in April. Well, with 1 week to go, looks like another missed promise. Nothing on their website, nothing on IFTTT! 1 week, if no support, I'm throwing the bloody things in the bin - useless without IFTTT or similar. Sick of waiting and waiting and waiting.

Those of you like me who are sick of waiting and won't buy more till they work with IFTTT, might as well start looking around for cameras that d work with IFTTT today There are many, all cheeper than these as well. Personally, I think I'm going to ebay my arlo's and get the homeboy. IFTTT today, rechargable battery, no hub and cheeper.

Coriolanus
Guide

Since IFTTT support is not forthcoming, I have begun a transition to another Smart Camera (Nest Cam) system.

Coriolanus
Guide

I don't think Netgear is going to deliver on this until everyone has already abandoned their system for something better.

Michaelvr
Tutor

Having to turn on arlo when leaving home and turn off arlo when coming home is a pain in the...

You have to learn from canary security system.

Billh_nm
Novice

Please add IFTTT integration.  Am waiting for that before buying any more Arlo gear.  

I've seen multiple reports that this will happen, but those have always proven false. 

If you are not going to do this, go ahead and 'fess up.  

Or, at least explain why this is an issue?

mkrieger
Tutor

Or at least an API that other developers like myself can help to extend the system. 

Why so closed? 

paulsmitz
Apprentice

I second the API idea... I would much rather smartthings integration instead although IFTTT would end up being the middle ground (slower and more rubbish)...

JBF_DK
Fledgling
I will also abandon Arlo if there is no Ifttt very soon!
gte071u
Fledgling

I REALLY want to buy into the Arlo system, but lack of IFTTT support and local storage is a deal breaker. Develop either one of these so you can take my money!!!

CJ82
Novice

Is this the beginning 🙂 

https://ifttt.com/arlo