Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT support

A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

Comments
RomanB
Fledgling

I didn't see this thread before, so I posted a workaround how to get a link to captured video file using Zapier and one extra HTTP GET call. You can find technical details in this post.

warsheep
Aspirant

i bought 13 cameras for over $1000, and i have an annual subscription plan.

i NEED IFTTT support to setup an perfect home security solution.

the arlo motion detection is crap. With ifttt Support i could say: When someone opens door, Record... and a lot other things.

please get that ifttt support, if not i will sell the cameras after the subscription runs out.

Antiddote
Initiate

+1 For IFTTT. It's way over due. I feel as if I have been hoodwinked and need to dump my 6 cameras on eBay while they still have some value!

Actually, reading this has persuaded me to do exactly that.

Goodbye netgear!

Antiddote
Initiate
I bought this system specifically because the sales rep at Best Buy told me that IFTTT and Wink integration was coming very soon. That was 4 months ago. Can somebody give me a realistic timeline, as I am currently contemplating dumping this system and going with Nest Cams. What I have read thus far on this forum is not encouraging.
T9001
Star

+1

KellyQ68
Fledgling
I love these cameras but to heighten security it would be fantastic if you integrated with IFTTT so I could create a recipe to turn on a light when motion is detected around my garage, driveway, or shed. if there really was someone out back at night a sudden switch on of a light would likely scare them away before any damage was done.
MarkAG
Fledgling

I would like to link Arlo to the Amazon Echo so I can get voice alerts rather than seeing something after the fact.  It would help me and make this device more attractive to other consumers if this unit could be integrated into the smart home.

Coriolanus
Guide

I don't think Netgear is ever going to give us IFTTT support. And if they ever do, they're going to make us buy a new set of cameras for it

Rajesh77054
Fledgling

I will avoid buying any more Arlo cameras until IFTTT and Smartthings support is available. Without such automated support, more cameras equate to greater burden for me to manage.

mikewho
Tutor

I have put together an IFTTT recipe that uses the email notifications from alerts@arlo.com that are automatically assigned a label in Gmail, based on the camera name contained in the notification email.

The recipe is currently set up to trigger an entry in a Drive spreadsheet (to create an auto-updating motion detection log), but you could adapt the same recipe to work with any other channel since the Gmail channel setup would be the same. I'm unsure of how much delay there is between the email notification and the actual motion detection, but it's worth a shot to see if it works for the recipe you're looking to use.

Here is the recipe I made:

https://ifttt.com/recipes/381210-arlo-alerts-to-spreadsheet-log-gmail-to-drive