Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

IFTTT support

A lot of new "smart" products have IFTTT support, it makes them smarter. The Homeboy (where I assume Netgear ripped the idea for this product) has solid IFTTT support, so you guys should add it to beat them. Thanks.

Comments

So you have no intention of supporting IFTTT? That is what I am getting. Instead of actually assisting your customers, it is easier to just add more "plans" which require more money. What a joke. You need to rexamine your business model. You have a breakthrough product here, that is goin to die a painful death, becuase all you are doing is trying to milk a cash cow.

I am returning these things, and will move to a DLink system. Good work Netgear,

ArloFrons
Initiate

It appears IFTTT is not going to be added to ARLO. This should go down as one of the biggest feature request failures of all time. 

It is like having your customers begging you to perform a "Hello World" command and then telling them you have no idea what they are talking about. 

RETURN!

Mkofos
Fledgling
The moderator James is SO good at BSing. Gotta love those "company lines" which mean absolutely NOTHING. James: Do you seriously think we were born yesterday? Anyone who can afford these cameras clearly has some level of education and can see right through your empty words. I just spent $3000 on cameras and likely am going to return them in a week or so because I do not trust a company (and certainly not you) that can't even update it's OWN existing customers.... I will just take my business and fat wallet elsewhere. Just remember this someday when your job is on the line due to poor sales.
Mkofos
Fledgling
The moderator James is SO good at BSing. Gotta love those "company lines" which mean absolutely NOTHING. James: Do you seriously think we were born yesterday? Anyone who can afford these cameras clearly has some level of education and can see right through your empty words. I just spent $3000 on cameras and likely am going to return them in a week or so because I do not trust a company (and certainly not you) that can't even update it's OWN existing customers.... I will just take my business and fat wallet elsewhere. Just remember this someday when your job is on the line due to poor sales.
zackstark
Tutor

Very dissapointing as an earlier adopter to IFTTT -- I thought we got an email this month or last saying that they would be adding it around the holidays. What changed? 

At least you can return yours -- my only option is to sell them at a loss if I want to move to a more open system. 

0x520x430x45
Aspirant

The slow pace of development and the lack of clear communication is discouraging. I've already relagated my 2 camera Arlo system to being nothing more than a toy. Very sad, and a very poor reflection on Netgear as a company. I will think twice before buying any of their products in the future.

froder
Tutor

Without IFTTT my expensive Arlo cameras are used only to show tp my friends that I have cameras... there are no usefull way tp use it.... If I actvate the cameras manually, I receive a crazy amount of e-mails caused by smooth plants movments, In fact I have no idea what to do with these cameras... An expensive toy..... I am sure that soon I will move to a real survailance cameras, in my opinios Arlo is just a project made for a good engineer and some idiots bought it, like me.... Since I installed it I had no significant feature or system update.

Thalie
Novice

+1

Same thing for me, I use 5 Arlos around the house but it would really make sense, if I could use IFTTT in order to have (hue) lights switching on when an alert is noticed. I will meanwhile use mattpUKs workaround but this should definitively be part of Arlo!

Thanks Matt for the idea!

Hdg
Apprentice
Apprentice

How is this not done already.. 

Hdg
Apprentice
Apprentice
Wahoo!