Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Push notification when someone change "mode"

I would like to get an notification in my iOS app when someone changes "mode" for our system.

Would be great to see when my wife or kids changing the mode from Activated to Inactivated or something else.

Comments
Paul101
Tutor

I have just installed Arlo with 3 cameras and so far it has been fantastic.

One suggestion is that an option be provided for an alert if motion detection has been turned off. In my case it is for a holiday house and I may forget to turn motion detection back on (such as I did last night), when people leave. Perhaps the option could be provided for the frequency with which the alert is provided eg Never, Daily, Hourly etc 

Cheers

Paul

TomMac
Guru

Good idea,

That would be for the suggustion area here;

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

more kudos more chance of it happening.

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Masot
Novice

Hello I am a new proud owner of arlo pro and I already have experienced an issue of the system being disarmed by a family member who I share the account with. I would like to be notified when this occurs. Is this possible?

JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the communities contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on it's potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

Thank you,

JamesC

IamBobbert
Aspirant
2 things.
1. When cameras are armed, in device show a different color for the little guy, say green and bold for instance. Black bold and black non bold has very little contrast for those that have sight limitations.
2. Have a wigget or notififation that show the cameras are activiated on the home screen so you don't have to open app
TomMac
Guru

#1 was as stated in the older versions...I believe the change was for look across different devices

#2 is a great idea...sort of like the new capture number that appears in ios

TKNT81
Apprentice

#1 good idea

#2 fully agree, it would be great to get notified (push notification) when the status of the mode changes (eg. armed, disarmed)

JustLearning
Apprentice
Yes please! This would really help!
JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes