Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit integration for Wire-Free Video Doorbell

Please add HomeKit integration to the Wire-Free Video Doorbell.

I realize this means the Wire-Free Video Doorbell would need to be able to connect to a SmartHub or base station, similar to the Pro 4 cameras. 

You really need to add good, detailed side-by-side comparison charts for all product categories. At least let users pick 3 models to compare side-by-side. 

Briggs & Riley has the capability for luggage!!! 

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

Paan006
Fledgling
when will you release an update for Arlo wireless ringtone so you can integrate it into Homekit?
macirl
Star
Any update Arlo on a firmware update to bring HomeKit support to the Video wire-free doorbell?

I have bought one in the expectation that this will be added in the coming weeks.
MaxLans
Fledgling

Good morning you software developers, scrummasters, product owners and other living Arlo legends that might read my message. Although I really like the fact how the product is being offered I am just curious for something that is greatly appreciated by a big bunch of people ( read: users that buy your products and even become ambassadors to do sales for you guys 😞

What is the roadmap into wirefree compatibility with homekit? The integration is already created for the wired doorbell, so what is the strategy on the product vision of the wireless doorbell. Implementing the same software and API calls as you guys and girls did for the wired variant would make a lot of people happy. Where can we find the roadmap? Is there any open source project where I can contribute to to make this happen?

Would be happy to ready an answer.

Cheers buddies and keep up the great work! ( and have fun doing so 🙂 )

dnevozhai
Aspirant

I was told by a support representative that homekit integration is in the works. Thus I decided to keep the device and wait for better times.

When should we expect the integration?

macirl
Star

And hopefully it will allow full homekit integration (without needing an additional hub). 

I am looking forward to using my iCloud Drive storage for recordings.  

CoDARubin
Novice

Commenting to bring more attention to this matter. PLEASE push an update for integrating wire-free doorbell with HomeKit. I love that I can see all of the cameras on my property through HomeKit on my Apple TV… except I can’t see who is at the door. SMH. 

bgd
Novice
Novice

+1 for wanting more info on HomeKit integration for the wire free doorbell. It’s so irritating that this exists in a different universe from my other (hub connected and HomeKit integrated) Arlo devices. I’d love to be able to turn on my Arlo floodlight when someone presses the doorbell… 🤞🏻🤞🏻

SayHiToKyle
Onlooker

I was told by Arlo on Amazon that this was already available. Purchased today to find that Homekit wasn’t available! B61B79AA-E6C4-4DAB-96E1-9246D6C99520.png

Homekit integration was the main reason why I bought this doorbell. Not sure what to do now…

macirl
Star

yes it does seem bad that they haven't go this HomeKit update for the Wire-free video doorbell out by now.  They had been commenting at the start of the year that it was coming soon, but now that we are almost at the start of July, you would expect the update to be available.