Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Support for Arlo Video Doorbell

Hi. I'd like to request that you please add HomeKit support to the Arlo Video Doorbell ASAP. I have three Arlo Pro 3 cameras, and actively use HomeKit support with that model. The only missing piece of the puzzle is the Arlo Video Doorbell. Thank you in advance!

Comments
ogxm
Aspirant

my unit reports "Hardware: 1.2" Firmware 1.14.0.0.....

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Status changed to: Implemented

Read the document linked above telling which base stations are required.  The firmware update is needed on a compatible base station and your doorbell must be paired to the base station rather than direct to your wifi. 

ogxm
Aspirant

one last update: my hub (vmb5000) is at firmware 1.16.744 and already part of my HomeKit Bridges, which only reports the other cameras.

I see the announcement that the supported firmware is  VMB5000 - 1.16.4.2_787_e3618b1 but the Arlo app tells me that there is no update available?

Still trickling down? Or, if I don't 'see it', I can't use it!?

Jeff2000
Follower

I have the same situation.

My hub (VMB4540r2) says it has the latest firmware (1.16.3.4_707_c289687). Further, I am using the latest version of the Arlo app.

I have successfully connected three other Arlo cameras with HomeKit (Arlo Pro 3's), and my Arlo wired doorbell is connected directly to the hub. Nevertheless, I am unable to add it to HomeKit. Are there still updates that have not been pushed out to everyone yet?

Reboot your hub and it will probably see the update on reboot and automatically install.  That's what my VMB4000 did.

Jeff2000
Follower

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I did try that once (hard reboot by removing power rather than rebooting through the app), and it didn't seem to make a difference. It would be great to know which specific firmware version I should see for my hub. The current version installed appears to be beyond the minimum version specified in the docs for HomeKit support. Hmm...

DigitalCarGuy
Fledgling

Sounds like a similar situation and the software needs the API or firmware updated.

ogxm
Aspirant

For reference, a reboot did not update the firmware on my VMB5000. And it still reports that it's up to date.

Here's hoping that whatever 'call home' or push routine is needed to kick this runs soon. It's such an awaited feature.

Jeff2000
Follower

Success! I got mine to work after rebooting one more time through the app (not through a power cycle). Once it rebooted, it automatically started downloading new firmware. Once installed, the Doorbell cam was automatically added to the other three Arlo cameras I already have working with HomeKit.

Unrelated question: Does anyone else have issues with Activity Zones? I have one Arlo Pro 3 camera in particular that seems to disregard them no matter what, and sends me constant motion alerts as a result. I have deleted and recreated the zones multiple times, but to no avail. Any motion anywhere in frame triggers an alert.