Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Support for Arlo Video Doorbell

Hi. I'd like to request that you please add HomeKit support to the Arlo Video Doorbell ASAP. I have three Arlo Pro 3 cameras, and actively use HomeKit support with that model. The only missing piece of the puzzle is the Arlo Video Doorbell. Thank you in advance!

Comments
Nabla21
Fledgling

I really hope this would be coming for Q1 2021. Please Arlo, be committed to your community and add this must have feature 🙂

ogxm
Aspirant

if it's a matter of showing numbers, yes, indeed. HomeKit is truly missing for full integration.

According to an Arlo KB, it should already be working if paired with a supported base station.  Well it doesn't work. So please consider this another request to add support and in the meantime, update your incorrect documentation.

https://kb.arlo.com/000062279/How-do-I-connect-my-Arlo-camera-to-Apple-HomeKit 

willmtaylor
Aspirant

Spent $200 on a video doorbell, but no Homekit support? What's the deal? This is bonkers in 2021. Arlo, get with the program.

pnm108
Novice

Still waiting on Apple HomeKit compatibility. Very frustrating that this doesn't exist.

LTV
Follower
Follower

Due to the lack of answers, I wonder if anyone at Arlo reads the wishes of loyal customers ...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Apple HomeKit is now supported for Arlo Wired Video Doorbell (AVD1001) when paired with VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540 and VMB5000. To receive the firmware update, you must wait until the automatic update window (tomorrow morning) or manually reboot your base station/SmartHub.Please find the following announcement here: Arlo Wired Video Doorbell and Arlo Pro 4 are now compatible with Apple HomeKit! 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Status changed to: Implemented

ogxm
Aspirant

Do we need to update firmware? Is this available to a newer model only or previous models are also supported?

I have such setup and I don't see mine in HomeKit.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Apple HomeKit is now supported for Arlo Wired Video Doorbell (AVD1001) when paired with VMB4000, VMB4500, VMB4540 and VMB5000. To receive the firmware update, you must wait until the automatic update window (tomorrow morning) or manually reboot your base station/SmartHub.Please find the following announcement here: Arlo Wired Video Doorbell and Arlo Pro 4 are now compatible with Apple HomeKit!