Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Have two motion sensitivity settings: One to trigger, one to continue recording

I want to be able to have a relatively high threshold before a motion triggers a recording, to reduce false positives. But once a recording starts, I want the sensitivity to be high so it continues to record when the subject is only moving a little bit.

For example, someone walking into view of the camera registers as a high motion event and triggers a recording. But then they stop somewhere (perhaps to look into my window?) and are not moving enough for the motion sensitivity to count it as motion. The recording stops while they're still in view of the camera, which is bad. I don't want the clip to stop just because they stopped walking. If they're still moving at all (head, arms, etc) then I want the clip to continue. The motion sensitivity needs to be higher during the recording - separate from the initial trigger sensitivity.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea!

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.

MISTY-JOY
Novice

I am 150% agreeing with this feature. It is so frustrating when the video stops right in the middle of someone entering the screen, then stopping. Next time you see them they are just leaving view of camera. 5 - 10min later.I am certain somehow they gained entry into my home, but have no proof because you do not actually see them go in or actually exit!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!