Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant full administrative rights to another user

There is no reason why my wife shouldn't have the same level of access on her account so that can modify every setting. In our current scenario, she has to log in with my account to modify settings.

Please enable this functionality to allow for one or many administrators.

Thank you

Comments
Gerryboarman
Novice

Arlo Team,

Guys, Come on, the thread On multiple users withe admin privileges is 3 years running.  Would be appreciated if you could get this to happen!!

Cheyla22
Aspirant

Please, please, please add the option to have multiple administrators!! I know we have the access to grant access to friends but it's just not the same as having full control over the app and cameras. I love these cameras and the app but adding this option would be the cherry on top!

blueeyedbeast
Novice

Purchased an Arlo Essentials camera and now have an order in for multiple Pro 3 cameras and VMB4500 base. During my initial testing of the Essentials camera I have found that I can grant access to my wife's email account but she only has "Friend" permissions which allow her to see what the camera has and to disarm the system but does not allow for any changes to even this one camera. As both of us travel, the use of the cameras(s) is intended to allow us to set the devices as necessary and to make changes when the other may not be present. Unfortunately, after trying we found that while I had the account with full privileges, her account could only view. Contacting support I was informed that this what the only configuration supported. The recommendation was to have my wife log in with my email and chose to have an alternative notification but that only allows for selecting either SMS or Email based on my account without allowing for any alternatives. The technician did recommend that I could add a second trusted device but that is also not an option.

Recommend that Arlo consider a couple of options:

1) Multiple accounts granted admin privileges or have tiered access with one admin and a second with elevated (above fried) rights to make changes to the device settings

2) Multiple device notifications - If 2 people have rights, let both devices get the notification

3) Alternative device notifications - As with 2 above but maybe set for a list of approved alternative notified users (email or SMS)

Bigmama
Novice

As a homeowner and single(but dating)mother I can see the needs for at least 4 privilege levels: administration, administrative privileges, mode-detected history & live-feed view, and live-feed view only. As a single mother and homeowner (who is dating), it is vital to have eyes on all sides of your head. I need to have access to the contents of activity in my domain... and have access to video library according to the mode I set... and also have access to a log of the subordinate user task history. So someone can’t hide mode changes, video availability, or (most importantly) abuse of my child. This change in account tiers could change lives.

arlomatt1
Initiate

How many years later and this simple and logical request is still is not a consideration? Come on Arlo...

nofunsir
Novice

As a senior software engineer in the security industry, I find it absolutely unacceptable that only one administrative session is allowed.

Best solution: allow multiple sessions.

Second best: Allow n number of sessions.

Third best: Or restrict elevated admin rights to one session, but allow access to recordings on all sessions.

Again, this behavior is unacceptable. Will be looking elsewhere for new cameras if this doesn't change.

And it's my professional opinion that I recommend others do the same.

nofunsir
Novice

Especially aggravating when, unless you allow ALL manner of cookie-based tracking in the browser, Arlo's clunky 2-factor authentication implementation refuses to 'recognize' my browser, and requires a new multi-step login, after it keeps automatically loggin you out an un-changable, SHORT timeout time.

dcfox1
Master

@nofunsir wrote:

Especially aggravating when, unless you allow ALL manner of cookie-based tracking in the browser, Arlo's clunky 2-factor authentication implementation refuses to 'recognize' my browser, and requires a new multi-step login, after it keeps automatically loggin you out an un-changable, SHORT timeout time.

You can just turn it off. Arlo allowed that now until they make a PC a trusted device. Many post here about that. For your first post since you just registered here today there is a suggestion thread to post a suggestion. 

jamesmo
Novice

Hi,

We've had Arlo for a few years and the usability of the system really hasn't improved.

My partner has the admin account and I'm setup as a friend with access to everything - why does this not include full admin privileges to things like dual schedule/geofencing modes that are available on the admin account.

Also, since changing my phone to an S21 geofencing does not work despite all rights to the app being added on phone. This pretty much makes the system unusable as I can only turn the devices off, and not turn it back onto the scheduled geofencing settings that work for us.

Given the cost of these systems, Arlo should allow complete user control - its not an Apple product!