Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geolocation / IFTTT custom modes / improvements

Hi,

I am genuinely excited to see geolocation and IFTTT has been implemented, and yes I know its still 'Beta' but while it is still work in progress i would like to suggest a couple of improvements....

1) You need to support multiple devices. it makes no sense to have the cameras arm as I leave for work, only to get tons of videos of my wife leaving 10 minutes later.

You need to check for all devices to be out of the area before arming the cameras.

2) It should be possible to schedule 'geolocation' control.

Currently geolocation cannot be included in the schedule, which means i need to change the mode manually if like me you set them on during the night when you go to bed.

3) IFTTT - support 'custom' modes.

Currently you can only choose the standard armed or disarmed modes, you need to include for custom modes as well as being able to select gelolocation mode..

This would mean you could use the 'do' trigger to change mode quickly, helping to ease the pain of issue 2.

Overall though i have to say i am impressed with the additional functionality, but please Netgear, keep us informed of what you are working on!!!!

Kind Regards

Nick

Comments
Ally80
Fledgling

Literally the first thing i tried to do on setting up my arlo cameras. Disappointing this is 5 months old with no progress..

mariosanchez23
Initiate

I would like to see custom modes too.

NiNiNi
Star

ME too 

AIgleheart
Onlooker

+1 for this!  It would be very useful to be able to set different modes using IFTTT so I don't have to open multiple apps to set the correct mode with Smartthings AND Arlo AND Piper (which actually works with IFTTT in the way I'd like Arlo to!)

Ogge66
Tutor

Why are my only options to trigger anything in the Arlo IFTTT-channel sound, motion or low battery?

I think the geofencing with Arlo works great and I would love to trigger tons of stuff from the IFTTT-channel to my telldus and philips hue lights based on if it's armed or disarmed!

Pilpoil
Novice
Please add custom modes in IFTTT.
Hazl0
Novice

This the first iftt I tried to create.  I was disappointed that it's not available.  I want to be able to tell my Google home arm outside.

Please add custom modes in IFTTT.

XJW
Apprentice
Apprentice

I use two modes.  All cameras on when I am not at home.  Outside cameras on when I am at home.  I am guessing that many others do the same.

ARM and DISARM are useless for this use case. This allows only Cameras On and All Cameras Off.  Utterly useless for many of us.

This request has been open a long long time.  Get your act together Netgear.

AIgleheart
Onlooker

Please Please enable custom modes using IFTTT!  I waited to buy the new ArloPro2, not realizing that this issue hadn't been fixed with the ArloPro.  Arlo has been on the market for a few years now, and it's crazy that this feature isn't available.

tlernst
Apprentice

I see in the thread that there are IFTTT applets to arm and disarm Arlo, I cannot seem to find the right configuration to make this work with Google Assistant.  Is this possible and if so, can someone please let me know the correct steps to setup this applet.  Thanks...Terry