Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geolocation / IFTTT custom modes / improvements

Hi,

I am genuinely excited to see geolocation and IFTTT has been implemented, and yes I know its still 'Beta' but while it is still work in progress i would like to suggest a couple of improvements....

1) You need to support multiple devices. it makes no sense to have the cameras arm as I leave for work, only to get tons of videos of my wife leaving 10 minutes later.

You need to check for all devices to be out of the area before arming the cameras.

2) It should be possible to schedule 'geolocation' control.

Currently geolocation cannot be included in the schedule, which means i need to change the mode manually if like me you set them on during the night when you go to bed.

3) IFTTT - support 'custom' modes.

Currently you can only choose the standard armed or disarmed modes, you need to include for custom modes as well as being able to select gelolocation mode..

This would mean you could use the 'do' trigger to change mode quickly, helping to ease the pain of issue 2.

Overall though i have to say i am impressed with the additional functionality, but please Netgear, keep us informed of what you are working on!!!!

Kind Regards

Nick

Comments
docteurmicro50
Follower

Please add custom modes in IFTTT.

I want to synchronise my ismartalarm 'at home' mode with the the custom mode in arlo...

Stimo
Novice

Please add the possibility to arm custome modes from IFTT, that would rely be a game changer for the intergration of Arlo in to smart homes. 

brucemok8
Fledgling

Another vote for custom modes in IFTTT.

I have a custom mode with notifications off but still has motion detection on.

Either that or at least make the 'disarmed' mode customizable, just like the 'armed' mode, this way at least we have some sort of customization..

Tremendoleo
Novice

I agree that adding custom modes to IFTTT would be a great benefit.

PN-2017
Novice

+1 for adding this.

trying to integrate Arlo with smarthome solutions and need custom modes for this to be compatible with the family expectations!

DanBob89
Novice

Another +1 for this feature. Would be REALLY helpful to pick a custom mode, or AT LEAST have the option to pick Schedule in addition to Arm/Disarm. I understand custom modes might be tricky, but adding the Schedule mode to the IFTTT options should be a piece of cake.

Please?

adammadd
Aspirant

+1 for this too.

adammadd
Aspirant

+1 for this too

Coderunner
Novice

When looking to purchase Arlo Pro all documents I found claimed it would work with my wink 2.   I purchased them and love th cameras! Then found out while troubleshooting connection issues with wink, arlo pro is not supported as claimed in documentation! It is less than effective to with multiple schedules in my house with arlo app. Wink integration would be fantastic so I could arm based using my door lock for instance!

auroraboros
Novice

I completely agree - please allow us to select custom modes using Stringify/IFTTT; this would greatly improve the functionality and integration of Arlo!