Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
Retired_Member
Not applicable

What if I delete the Arlo Device from my account. Reset the Arlo Device and add back to my account, will that work? if yes, how do i do that properly?

it's annoying because the names are all the same and if I choose the wrong one, geofencing does not work so i end up checking all back again.

Graham26
Fledgling

Can someone please tell me how to remove an “Enabled Mobile Device”  from my geofencing list of devices. It is an invited 2nd mobile device which has the wrong name. 

Any help with this would be much appreciated. 

Thanks, Graham.

jbf83
Tutor

I have the same problem (multiple iPhone listed in geofencing list)

I really need to clean this dirty list

I open a case...

Solve it quickly !!!

Thanks

Your Case number is: 42033339 . An email has been sent with your case details.

jbf83
Tutor

FU** ARLO

Bonjour,

Je vous remercie de contacter le support technique ARLO.
Je m'appelle Jeremy et je serai votre expert. Je vous informe que votre numéro de dossier est le : 42033339
Je me permets de vous informer tout d'abord, qu'une demande de support en ligne peut exiger l'échange de plusieurs mails pour arriver à solutionner votre problème.
Vous pouvez éga lement nous joindre par téléphone au 0800911974. Nous sommes disponibles du lundi au vendredi de 9h00 à 17h30.

They know this bug and said that their developper will correct it...

Since 2016...

SH***

justason
Observer

Hello All,

I've been fighting this for a few years, their business model is to wear you down instead of fix it.   I bought ARLO for the geofence capability and cant use it.

I am now working towards swapping out my ARLO solution for the Amazon blink system.  I recommend you do the same.

Arlo is based on sales NOT service.

jbf83
Tutor

Sure, very bad service and quite bad app

I reply them that i want they correct this bug

They immediately close my case

I will ask Amazon (the seller) to take back the product because it is under waranty

If it is ok, bye bye ARLO because of geofencing bug...

jbf83
Tutor

If I totaly delete my account

And create a new account, it will be ok ? (the list of geofencing device will be clear ?)

evil_splorp
Observer

jbf83 & Graham26,

Check further up the thread. This issue cannot/will not be resolved.

The data isn't in the cloud. It's in the base unit. They will not allow access to that unit, nor will they provide a method to remove old devices. The feature is unusable once you upgrade your phone.

RSC1
Apprentice

I can never find the post where Arlo says they’ve abandoned trying to fix the issue. In any event, it’s been an issue for a very long time. 

My daughter needs a system and soon, a new phone as well. I’m leery to get started with Arlo for her, as I’ll have to deal with it. 

jbf83
Tutor

Are you serious ???

Geofencing will not be available because of I have got a new iPhone (and I cannot delete the old one) ???

Serious ? 

Geofencing was the only reason because I bought Arlo.

Can I totaly reset Camera and Base and make a new account like if all was new out of the box ?