Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
Dhall0621
Fledgling

Wow this has me so angry...seems like such a small issue that is not so difficult to correct that has been going on for several years!  Please come up with some sort of fix soon, as my list of devices just keep growing!!

justason
Observer

I suggest ANYONE that is disliking this geofence feature open a case with ARLO.   I'm sure they "monitor" these communities,   but cases are track-able, measurable and reported as open or closed to management.     I'm sure a bonus is based on it even.    you wont get spammed cause they keep pushing the matter aside....

Retired_Member
Not applicable

cannot remove unused devices in the geofencing option! 2 year issue annoying!  Everytime you get a new phone, the old devices are not removed

justason
Observer

Well, this situation has gone from worse to even more worse.

The person that is receiving my GEOFENCE alerts bought a new phone, trashed his old one.     HIS NEW PHONE SELF POPULATED IN MY GEOFENCE ACCOUNT !!!      He is still receiving my alerts.     essentially making GEOFENCE a useless feature.......which ironically is the feature I nought this camera system for !!

Please open a case on this.....FORCE ARLO to make a change.   reference my case #41493427

Linusl
Luminary

@justason

I dont understand the issue you have. Can you not just remove him from the geo location even though his device will still show up in the list (uncheck him in geo settings in the arlo app)? And can you not just turn off sending notifications or not share your account with him?

Retired_Member
Not applicable
Hi similar to the recent post. Every time i change to a new phone or erase the old phone and restore the new phone, multiple accounts appear -  I tried deleting all and starting over, it seems to connect to all the users.  Basically, i have 2 users on the account but under enabled devices, it shows 7 devices - 4 from the same user and 3 from the other user.  The other user shows 2 in zone mobile devices but this person only has 1 device.

annoying!  
justason
Observer

NO ONE is active on my geofenceing,   NO ONE is checked as active.    and yet HE is the only one receiving notices REGARDLESS

Linusl
Luminary

@justason And you have not granted access to him aswell but have in the past? Have you tried granting him access again and when he agreed the remove access? Not in the geo settings but in the grant access settings. 

If he got a new phone and his device pops up in your account again he has the arlo app and his account is connected to yours. Not sure this is a geo fencing problem but more of a family sharing / grant access problem. The side effect of the issue you have is that his device pops up in the device / geo list. 

What have arlo support told you to do to try to fix this issue (alot of to).

Goodnabr
Aspirant

I guess I am just waiting for the class action suit to happen... I'm in when that happens, and it will happen when someone suffers a lose tied to this issue.  Arlo, your customer service is worse than ANY company I have ever been associated with.  There are other companies out there that listen to their customers.

justason
Observer

@Linusl    he has ARLO, he has the app on his phone ...he IS NOT part of my shared, friends, account, access..>ANYTHING............this has been going on with ARLO for close to a year now with my case.    

@Goodnabr  :    Agree, the customer service element is brutally terrible.    Software is questionable....BUT..  they have a community forum !     Its all about the feel good hug !!     UX UI designers run the show now, not the engineers.     

OPEN A CASE ON THIS    its measurable by ARLO for open cases and subject matter.   This is the only way someone may see the customer complaints.   DO NOT let them close it