Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
Bobspjr
Aspirant

PLEASE!!!!

Bobspjr
Aspirant

PLEeeeeeAAAAAASE!!!

mhippe
Novice

What is the problem Arlo?!! 

• Can't remove old devices which should be a simple request made over 4 years ago.  
  • Geofencing is awful!!  Mine worked, intermittently until recent updated app, now won't work at all.  I have two iphone 11, IOS 13.3. new Arlo app installed and still nothing fixed.  I have a Honeywell thermostat and geofence works perfectly.  Why can't Arlo figure this out?
  • Today a friend asked me about this system, I told them don't buy it.
  • I've spent hours trying to fix this, I'm done.
Smilee128
Guide

Since 2017 there had been numerous posts about the absence of a way to delete old or unused mobile devices from geofencing. Yet, now, in 2020 similar posts continue. And Arlo Netgear continues to ignore their customers' frustrations and needs.

Not good enough!

tmuecke
Aspirant

Hi, 

i agree the GUI of the App should be more user friendly but removing an unused device is quiet simple:

- delete the Arlo App from all devices

- restart the devices

- reinstall the apps

- login 

Done. Only active devices are shown. It’s that simple.

evil_splorp
Observer
 tmuecke,

No, it's not that simple. That didn't work. I still have the same problem.

Bobspjr
Aspirant

Tmuecke,

We’ve all tried that and it is completely ineffective. Also, let’s just say that actually was successful...it ain’t simple bro.  That would be such a headache to have to do.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

justason
Observer

I NEED the ability to delete devices from the Geofence tool.  A friends (android) device IS INACTIVE, shows on my list. AND he receives my geofencing alerts.

Being able to delete a duplicated, obsolete, or alternate device under my account should be a simple edit.   At this point I can not use a GREAT feature from ARLO due to annoying alerts on his end, on his UNIQUE Arlo account.

justason
Observer

to  repeat and be sure this is understood.......A DISABLED Android device under MY geofencing  is getting notifications for my account, on his account...

.       This is bigger than deleteing a device, which MUST BE DONE..........

we can file this under a security issue......something ARLO is designed to ........manage....

StephenB
Guru
@justason wrote:

to  repeat and be sure this is understood.......A DISABLED Android device under MY geofencing  is getting notifications for my account, on his account...

If you granted access to your cameras to his account (which you might have done when geofencing was enabled), then you'd also need to revoke that access.  https://kb.arlo.com/1101094/How-do-I-delete-friends-from-my-Arlo-account

If that's not the problem, then you should contact support: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx