Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
SamirDS
Tutor

So I keep receiving updates anytime someone adds an update to this thread. I posted originally about 9 months ago! Today I decided to call Arlo Support and received the following response: "We are aware of the issue. Someone else reported to our team a few weeks ago. Our engineering team are working on the solution. We are taking this as a priority." 

I would recommend that everyone call them and raise a ticket! Number to call them for your respective countries can be found at https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Count me in with everyone else in this thread. Acquired a new phone and cannot remove the old one from my list of geofencing devices.

Please incorporate the ability to delete devices as suggested by the Arlo community.

Ericming
Aspirant

I would need delete feature too as I have upgraded my phone few times and now all listed in the app

Linusl
Luminary

Old from 2016 https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/Geofencing-Removing-old-unused-devices-from-Geofenc...
 but here we are 2020 and I still cant delete/remove old unused devices who in the past have been connected to geofencing. Since we buy new phones quite often this list will soon get very long.

Have anyone managed to remove an old device?

salavma
Fledgling

Wow, I just came here to find out how to delete old phones from my "Enabled Devices" list, but apparently after almost 3 years of requesting a solution for this from Arlo (judging by the first messages here), there still is no fix in sight. What the *? As if Trump weren't enough, now I know that this is going on. Smiley Very Happy

Goodnabr
Aspirant

Wow... I am beginning to regret my purchase of 5 Arlo Pro 2 cameras and the base.  What is the big deal about allowing me, the consumer, to remove an old device?  If I could remove my iPad (which has no connectivity except WiFi) I could eliminate a fencing issue I have.  That is an active thread of unhappy people too and Arlo is doing NOTHING to alleviate that issue.

I am am an insurance agent with a large book of business and I will NEVER recommend an Arlo product to anyone based on the lack of customer service and the inability to allow the consumer to manage their own account.

Not happy...

Tom Kidd 

skibumPNW
Aspirant

So this has been sitting in the queue with no response from Arlo HQ. Thought I'd bump the topic. See the old thread for more responses.

Long and short. If you go to your Arlo app's Geofencing feature, you can't remove older devices. The original post was from 2016! C'mon Netgear!! The OP:

"Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?"

skibumPNW
Aspirant

So this has been sitting in the queue with no response from Arlo HQ. Thought I'd bump the topic. See the old thread for more responses.

Long and short. If you go to your Arlo app's Geofencing feature, you can't remove older devices. The original post was from 2016! C'mon Netgear!! The OP:

"Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?"

skibumPNW
Aspirant

Seems like my post got tacked onto the old thread (maybe because I used the same subject line). I know we're putting posts on this one but the OP is old enough that I wonder if Arlo/Netgear is even reading this thread. I created a new thread, so please consider posting there are well. Hopefully we'll be heard...eventually. I paid enough $$$ to this service.

Goodnabr
Aspirant

If Arlo would "allow" me to properly manage my "enabled devices" I could solve the geofencing issue I have.  It is ignorant to not allow me to remove a device I no longer own or no longer wish to be part of the Arlo system.  The answer they give is to disable the device but within 5 minutes, it is enabled by Arlo.   This is wrong in so many ways..  I will NEVER recommend that anyone buy this product until Arlo corrects the "simple" things.

Wake up and pay attention to the issues of your customers.  When you cease to listen to your customers you will soon cease to exist.

Tom