Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
skibumPNW
Aspirant

The iOS Arlo app doesn't allow us to delete old or unused mobile devices, which makes no sense to me.

db_9
Tutor
This is really unbelievable that they haven't figured this out yet.. My wife just got a new phone yesterday. So now I have two of her phones on the Geofencing. Not that it matters because Geofencing never works for us anyway. I have written to Arlo about this and they say they are working on it. It is a shame I paid all of this money for these cameras and it doesn't work as advertised.
Bkrueger
Novice

Hey Arlo,  get a clue... we don'the like old or unused devices in our goefence!  Simply disabling a device is not good enough, especially when it belongs to your CS service.   What an intrusion. 

jgr-tinker
Fledgling

Well.  I see this is an old problem and nothing has been done to fix it. 

Howard99
Aspirant

The geofencing page which shows enables devices, includes many old devices which I no longer use and, moreover, it includes multiple duplicates.

How can I remove the unnecessary devices

Jeff

Julzrose
Initiate

My husband and I use Geofencing and he reciently left a previous job where he used a company phone. I am not able to remove that company device from the list of Enabled Devices on Geofencing. Also, an individual I once added to the Grant Access area and have since removed is still listed in the Geofencing devices. 

Dev team, please create a way to remove previous devices from the Enabled Devices section for Geofencing!! 

Ramiro9448
Aspirant

YES! Please fix this! My wife also got a new phone recently, and I beleive this is what's causing our geo-fencing issues. Geo-fencing worked perfectly for us before. It is exhausting to have to constantly remember to manually arm the system everytime we're all out the house. Something tells me the dev team won't do anything about it as they're probably more focused on fixing or adding features that'll bring the company more income (i.e. Arlo Smart subscription features). 

Medicamper
Follower
How do I delete previously enabled devices in geofencing?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Medicamper,

There is currently no option to remove an old/unused device from the Geofencing settings. However, you can check out this thread where someone suggested on our Idea Exchange Board to remove old/unused devices from Geofencing settings: Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings.

MyMo689
Fledgling

I am looking to be able to remove an enabled device from my Geofencing settings. I have seen similar posts to this over a year old and I am just hoping to get this feature pushed up to production as it seems to have been forgotten about. I currently have 5 devices in the list and only use 1, with some of them having similar names. If this could get flagged as a priority due to the age of the initial request (oldest post found is dated 2017-09-23 03:39 PM, over 14 months old), and the statement that it would be escalated at that time by a community manager, it would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.