Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
Mads2405
Follower

Has this been implimented or have found a fix yet? 

johnbois
Aspirant

No and still as frustrating as it was 2 years ago.

xltima
Aspirant

I traded in an old phone and upgraded to a new phone. I installed the app, no problem, however, I noticed that my Geofencing enabled devices still has the old phone listed along with my new phone now. I could not figure out how to remove devices from that list. How do you remove existing devices in your "Enabled Device" list? I can turn it off and on, but not remove the device completely as I do not own it anymore.

MonteChristo
Onlooker
How hard can it be to implement an essential feature such as removing unused devices from the geofencing list? Or just allow me to delete ALL devices. I can readd the ones I really need later... I work in IT, so I know what I am talking about.. For the inflated price of these devices, I expect much, much better responsiveness from Netgear. EK
MrMason
Star

Same issue here.

No way to remove old Phones from geofencing devices. . . .

But I have no big hope from Netgear to fix this, because they have not managed to fix geofencing "feature" for years now. . .

Johnny51714
Aspirant

How is it possible that this has gone unaddressed for over a year now?

This is ridiculous! Along with not allowing local storage CVR and now this, I might have to drop Arlo altogether.  

I had higher expectations form Netgear. 

But apparently, you DON'T get what you pay for with this product.

G514
Follower

Allow users to delete devices from the Geofencing list directly through the app, instead of having to hard resest the base station. I'm not talking about just desabling devices. I'm talking about removing some or all of the devices competely.

I have multiple devices with the same name in my Geofencing list, which is quite confusing. I contacted support to find out how to delete the devices and their only solution was to completely hard reset the base station, but that would also mean setting up the whole system all over again, including all of the cameras. That really dumb,and quite time consuming. 

There needs to be a moremore convenient way to do somehting so simple. 

fortysixand2
Tutor
Is this not fixed yet? Holy crap..... let's get on this Netgear.
angrimer
Fledgling

Hi!

I've had this issue for a long time which basically makes the geofencing mode useless. I run the latest app (Android 2.5.2_22376 on a OnePlus 6 phone), the latest basestation firmware (1.10.0.9_23037 - 26th September 2018) and the latest camera firmware (1.125.11.1_25366 - 26th September 2018).

The issue I have is the the geofencing mode "remembers" my old phone (which is no longer in my posession) and insists of reverting back to that device when trying to retrieve latest position for geofencing. My new phone also shows up in the list of available geofencing devices in the app and it is selectable. Even though I select it an save my selection, the app reverts to the old phone, which I no longer own. Information about my old phone is either stored in my base station or in the Arlo cloud since uninstalling and reinstalling the app doesn't delete my old phone from the list of enabled devices (even though it's marked as Unavailable). I've found nowhere in the app where I can manually delete the old phone. And the old phone's last recorded position is within my geofencing radius which keeps the geofence deactivated all the time 😞

I think Netgear needs to add the possibliltiy to remove phones from the list of "Enabled devices", it's facinating that such a basic feature is missing?! Or am I missing something?!

This issue is driving me nuts and I've actually started NOT recommending this system to my friends. Hope someone can lead me to a solution to recover my lost confidence in this product.

Best regards,

Fredrik

Geofencing modeGeofencing modeAssociated phone(s) for geogencing positionAssociated phone(s) for geogencing positionReverting to old unavailable phone over and over again!Reverting to old unavailable phone over and over again!

SamirDS
Tutor

I have recently acquired three  Arlo Pro 2 cameras - allegedly the best in the market - only to find that basic features such as geofencing and ability to remove old phones from the app do work. I have read through all the comments on this topic and notice that this thread has been running for 2 years! How long does it take to get this fixed? If this something that has been recognised as important, when is the fix coming?  

Have you even bothered to read the recent reviews on the App Store?   Disgraceful!