Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Removing old/unused devices from Geofencing settings

Hi,

Recently i purchased a new iPhone and now when i use the Geo or push notifications it shows my new iphone and my old iphone.  how can i delete my old iPhone from the Arlo App?

Thanks,

Mark

Comments
ochinchoon
Onlooker
Devices cannot be removed from the Geofencing list???

That's so stupid!
Netgear please get this fixed!
Have any thoughts been put into this?
If your user is to use Arlo geofencing for 10 years with two users in one base station(each user changing phone every 2 years) that poor guy will end up with 10 enabled devices in the list!

It's not in beta anymore please get this fixed!
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Thank you all for your comments! Please be sure to kudo this topic so that our Engineers know that this is an important feature that needs to be added. We look at ideas based on their number of kudos, so make sure in addition to commenting, you are kudo'ing the post to give it a "yes, I want this" vote!

IronMikeZ
Follower

Do you know what "Kudos" even means?  If you do, then why is it the buzz word used to alert your developers to a bug?  

thepom
Initiate

It doesn't seem a difficult or unreasonable thing to implement. My use case is a little different in that I used my tablet to configure my arlo HD unit because the larger screen made life easy. Having removed the arlo app from my tablet and just using my phone now, I want to remove the tablet from my device list. It's just me being tidy, but feels like a reasonable thing to be able to do.

So come on guys...it can't be that hard. Make software with the right set of features that users want...

I can see I'm not the only one with this issue and would really appreciate a solution.

waterydan
Guide

Frankly I cannot believe any unused devices cannot be removed. This can confuse the users, especially when they upgrade their phones and give it the same name. This needs to be fixed ASAP! 

ML
Apprentice
Apprentice

Removing older phone is a must have feature. 

Supernono
Aspirant

Geofencing funcionallity of adding and removing devices should be a primary function.  Is there a date when this is expected to be fixed?   

ChristineT
Arlo Employee Retired
Status changed to: New Ideas

Alan_in_YYC
Fledgling

Has this geo-fencing problem been fixed yet? It is now October 23. My old phone has been recycled and is now forever going to be out of the geo-fencing range. Yet my old (no longer extant) phone is still on the Arlo "Enabled Devices" list. I've noticed that my new iPhone very briefly comes up onto the "Enabled Devices" list (for about 0.5 of a second), and then disappears. I have managed to stab at it before it vanishes, and even got the box ticked once or twice before it disappeared - but to no avail. Arlo does not offer me my new iPhone to select for geo-fencing. Can you let me know how to fix this please?

Alan