Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofence size

Please provide more geofence size options. I would like options with 10, 25, 50 and 100 meter radii.  The 150 meter one is just too big for my needs.

Comments
Davej56
Aspirant

Yes agreed. I live over the road from the school my daughter goes to. I want to add the Arlo App to her iPhone so when she walks into the house zone it will disarm. However currently the zone is so wide if she's in t he school oval or yard it would turn off my system. I got around it by manually shifting the zone so the edge is not overlapping the school but a smaller 20 meter zone would be easier.

Currently I have to use scheduling and hope she comes home before the time I select or she will sets off the system - not a great solution.

George88
Novice

I also need smaller geofencing radius sizes.  Our blocks of land are 13m wide so the small setting (150m) is a couple of streets away.

GPS is accurate to about 10m these days so perhaps providing a user enterable radius would be a good option.

Thanks.

Right_Mreow
Tutor
Hello,

First of I have to say that my Arlo Q is great.. The only thing that troubles me is the Geofencing radius options.

I have my radios set to “Small”, however I find that it is nowhere near small enough. I live with other people, in a highly populated area. When I go down the street to the shops, my Arlo Q remains in “Home” mode despite the fact I am a few blocks away from home.

Will there be a future update that allows this radios size to be made much smaller? I love the geofencing feature, however I feel uncomfortable knowing my Arlo Q is not functioning while I am at the shops close to my house.

Regards,
Right_Mreow
wouterdungen
Novice

my Arlo works great.

The thing that troubles me most is the Geofencing radius option.

Radius is set to “Small”, however I find that it is not small enough.

When I go walk the dog or visit neighbours or nearby shops, my Arlo remains in “Home” mode despite the fact I am blocks away from home. Burglars tend to break in just on occasions you leave your home and they know you are at the shop or neighbours party....

In my humble opinion the radius size needs to be made smaller. I use the geofencing mode every day, but don't like the idea i have to manually switch on and off the system every time I leave the house for a visit closeby. 

JUANLUK
Follower

Hello

My request or suggestion to improve the Arlo Q plus camera.

my suggestion and request is to have the minimum geo-location option

is to say reduce to the maximum those 150 meters

can put 10 meters for example

with that we would gain 100% the utility of geocalisation

because now I never jump because the general design is standard for 150 meters, 250 meters and 500 meters but they are many meters.

but engineers could improve that point

because if we are close to home it is not worth anything

and we are at home in the garden can be geocached and if we are going to buy a store near

now it can not be 😞

Thank you very much for listening to me and see if we can improve this point.

JUANLUK
Follower

Hello

My request or suggestion to improve the Arlo Q plus camera.

my suggestion and request is to have the minimum geo-location option

is to say reduce to the maximum those 150 meters

can put 10 meters for example

with that we would gain 100% the utility of geocalisation

because now I never jump because the general design is standard for 150 meters, 250 meters and 500 meters but they are many meters.

but engineers could improve that point

because if we are close to home it is not worth anything

and we are at home in the garden can be geocached and if we are going to buy a store near

now it can not be 😞

Thank you very much for listening to me and see if we can improve this point.

James_Leeder
Aspirant

It’s now 2019 and Arlo still has no geofence smaller than 150 meters! That is far too big for the “small” option.   

FrostyCan
Tutor

YES PLEASE!!! 

Even the small radius size is far too large.  Arlo, are you listening?

FrostyCan
Tutor

Is there a good reason why the Arlo Pro 2's radius size is so large, even when the smallest radius is selected?

I live in a downtown area and my studio is nearby.  Even the smallest geofence radius option is 2-3 times too large to be optimally useful.

XxTHExONExX
Aspirant

I hope I am not wrong but go to where it says set zones and use the mouse to shrink specific zone unless that's what u mean does not get small enough. Mine was going off like crazy so I lowered the settings for video and audio detection and even just had motion turned off and relied on sound Larry