Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

For people who buy Arlo Ultra system, provide free 1-year Smart Elite instead of Smart Premier

I recently purchased the Arlo Ultra system with the SmartHub, multiple Ultra cameras, spare batteries, chargers, the video door bell etc., the whole thing, spending nearly $1,200. When I installed the system, I was disgusted to find out that while the Ultra cameras can give 4k resolution, the "free" 1-year "trial" subscription that Arlo provides with the purchase, only offers 2k cloud storage. They don't tell you this upfront that the "free subscription" is only for the "Arlo Smart Premier" plan (2k resolution) and NOT the "Arlo Smart Elite" plan (which offers 4k resolution). So here is my question hoping that you care about your customers enough to correct this situation:  When the cameras I purchased do 4k, why would Arlo not provide the Elite plan free for 1-year that CAN also do 4k? Why does it make sense for Arlo to give only 2k plan when a customer bought the 4k system? Looking at the "subscription" price for the 2 plans, the price difference is only $5/month or $60 per year (Premier plan is $9.99/month, while Elite plan is $14.99/month)-- when I spent $1,200 to buy the system from Arlo, I feel like the company is "nickel and diming" me giving me a crappy 2k plan for "free" just to make a few more bucks for themselves. This just makes no business sense to me that Arlo would be so dumb to do this. What marketing / sales executive at Arlo is so "smart" to make this decision? Can you correct this and provide the buyers of Arlo Ultra camera and SmartHub package system the Smart Elite plan for 1-year trial "free" that they deserve?