Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Floodlight does not stay on for long after movement. Have it stay on longer than 2 mins.

With any other modern floodlight, there is a duration setting after motion, typically between 2-20 minutes.  However, on the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight, the maximum time after motion is sensed is about 2 minutes max.  I realize you can turn on the floodlight in the app, and it supposed to stay on longer, but that is not what I am looking for.  The other floodlights around my house, including Ring, stay on for 15 minutes after motion is detected.  Why hasn't Arlo caught up with the times yet?

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. 

jaylewis70
Initiate

I should have stated that this floodlight is WIRED.  The only benefit of paying an additional $50 for the required AC adapter is that I can now set my brightness to 100%...whoopie.  However, I cannot allow the floodlight to turn on when motion is detected and stay on for an additional 15-20 minutes if I want.  WHY???  My dumb floodlights do, my Ring floodlight does....but Arlo doesn't.  This feature NEEDS to please be added for wired floodlights.  Thanks.

ArdbegSWE
Aspirant

@jaylewis70 I reported something similar in the community, just want to make sure this is what you mean:

Reported earlier in: https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Pro-3-Floodlight/Pro-3-floodlight-light-never-stays-on-for-more-t... (Marked as Solved, however it's only answered)

Problem is when using the Pro3 Floodlight recording videos in Armed mode, floodlight is only lit during the recording.

Upon detection I would like the Floodlight to be lit for the full duration set on the card of the camera, even if detection (and recording) is stopped after a few seconds. I would like the floodlight timer to be reset upon every detection.

Example: I get a detection at 00:01:00 AM, floodlight turns ON (and recording starts), 00:01:05 AM detection resets, but Floodlight timer and light keeps it ON until 00:06:05 since I have a 5 minute setting on floodlight.
IF there would have been another detection at 00:05:00, floodlight will be constantly lit until 00:10:00 since the new detection would reset the timer.

Reason:
To have the Pro 3 Floodlight camera work as BOTH surveillance camera and Floodlight at the same time.

Prerequisities:
Outdoor charger/powersupply connected
Camera in ARMED mode
Floodlight setting on the camera card is 5 minutes
SH Mode used

jaylewis70
Initiate

I am very frustrated at Arlo for dodging this seemingly simple issue:  Allow us to extend the timer of the light after motion is detected (just like a normal floodlight).  Make this feature irrespective of recording, not in conjunction.