Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Temporarily suspend video and audio recording

It would be nice to have a mode called "Temporarily Suspend" that disables the current mode for a set period of time (30 min, 1 hr, 2 hr, etc).  This would allow a user to turn off all cameras but they would automatically return to the previous mode after the set period of time.

Comments
action8
Onlooker
Absolutely...!
chucknoob1970
Novice
Yes, PLEASE add this capability.
Mikem30303
Guide
This is the one feature that is truly missing. please add asap!!!!
danhas
Novice
I completely agree with this, there's times where my kids are going in and out the front door and I temporarily turn off the camera to save the battery only to realize days later that I forgot to turn it back on. This is one of my hesitations in buying more cameras.
smsquest
Fledgling
I'm a fairly new Arlo Pro owner. I have a suggestion for the app. Working in my backyard today, I activated my camera about 20 times. I know I could turn it off on the app, but would probably forget to turn it back on for a few hours (or until tomorrow).
How about a button on the app main page that disables a camera for a set amount of time and then automatically turns it back on.
Maybe you could press the button once to disable for 15 min, twice for 30 min, three times for 45, four for 1 hour and the fifth press cycles it back to on now.
Jeff-B
Novice

A feature that would be nice to have is an "Armed" "Snooze Button". We have a cleaning person that comes in, but not at a predictable time. We have no problem with the cameras "going off", as that is a good way to know that they are working. However, if we leave them Armed for the cleaning, we get lots of notifications and videos of vacuuming., etc. So one of us has to disarm the cameras, but then there is a risk of forgetting to rearm them later.

What would be a nice feature is a 30/60/90 minute "Snooze" button on the arming.

Another use, perhaps with a shorter snooze period, would be when alone in the office, but not in the surveillance areas, to snooze the cameras so one could leave without setting anything off.

A third use is the "barking dog", "loud party", "car alarm" sound triggering. Instead of shutting the alarm off, just snooze it for a while.

Thanks.

Cellantenna
Novice
I have Arlo Pro . Whenever someone is serving my home either lawn or pool the alarms go off and the mobile app sends a notification.... every minute or more .

Having a button that disarms the system temporarily then automatically rearms it would be great and handy for anyone .
patrik_swe
Guide

I would really love the feature of disable one (or all) cameras for say three differne values in minutes.

These values would be nice if you could configure them by your self.

Thanks

Patrik SWE

jhq
Novice
Novice

I would like the ability to disarm Arlo for 15 min, 30 min, or an hour...and then have it turn back on automatically. 

When our landscapers come, for example, it sets off a big series of alerts. Right now, I go in and turn Arlo off, but I inevitably forget to turn it back on. It'd be wonderful if I could just disarm it for 30 minutes, and after that time, it'd automatically turn back on.

Mikekirby1
Fledgling
Geofencing works great but when we are home we still want the system armed at night so we set the schedule to arm around 8pm til 8am. Problem is every once in a while we are outside later than 8 and are swarmed with notifications. Under the mode tab a temporary disarm would be very helpful for those evenings where you have friend over a little later than normal. Temporary disable with a selsection in 15 min intervals of how long and then return to the previously selected mode. This way we don't disable it to stop the notifications then forget to arm the system before we turn in for the night.