Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Extend mute notification times

it possible for you to add more options for adding extended muted notification times? for instance, we currently can only extend muted notification times by 15 minutes. it would be helpful if we could either enter our own desired extension times (preferable) or select times such as 15, 30, 45, or 60 minutes (less preferable).
currently, if we want to extend the muted notification time by 8 or 12 hours, it takes a very long time.

thank you you

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

emilybemily
Novice

Having an 8 hour mute option for notifications would be incredibly helpful. We do not necessarily want the cameras off, but while I am at work, I dont want to get the notifications, while my husband may. I would like to be able to control my own notification schedule and it not be dictated by the camera being on or off. Thank you. 

jguerdat
Guru

Use of email rather than push notifications would work. Since the email notifications are unique to the rule rather than global like the push ones, creating custom modes with the appropriate settings for specific time periods would work. Use the schedule to automate the switching.

tbeaulieu
Aspirant

I’ve been home for weeks now and every day I re-mute for 24 hours. Why not let us simply toggle a master mute status? Apparently I will have to just go into all the cameras and individually mute them, which is not ideal.

FTooth
Novice

How to mute notifications for more than 24 hours?

JanineWhite
Novice
Can you guys add a feature to the app where you can manually set the amount of hours phone notifications are silenced? 1 hour, 3 hours, or 24 hours really isn't ideal.
AJ270
Novice

Sometimes I will see that my wife has pulled into the driveway, but i know she will be leaving again.  I don't really want to disarm the system.  I also don't want to hear my phone constantly going off as she unloads groceries.  Would be nice if the app gave you a snooze or a pause feature when the first motion is detected.

FZAZ
Novice
Make a 10 hour mute option