Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Expanding Arlo Smart Premium to Guam and US Territories

I rate this product 4 stars because I recently bought the Arlo pro2 (6) cameras and I can only use 5 cameras due to their limited network where im from, Guam, USA which is a United States Territory. I am confused on why they see their products world wide but cannot support the demand for a customer uprade. I hope in the near future they will consider allowing the rest of the world to fully utilize the Arlo network.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @TheJedi09,

As you have found, subscription plans are not yet available in all countries. For more information on subscription availability take a look at this article: Where are Arlo cameras sold and what service plans are available?

The maximum number of cameras on the free Basic plan is 5 cameras per account. There is no limitation per household. If you would like to utilize more than 5 cameras without a subscription plan, you could set up a second account on the free Basic plan (to support another base station and up to an additional 5 cameras). Some users also use the "Grant Access" feature in this scenario to allow viewing of all cameras on a single account.

nelsonmd
Onlooker
HW VersionVMB5000r4
Serial Number5GH1917RA0232
Firmware1.12.3.1_87_c950b94

Is there a way can have remote access to SD card due to no plans available in US territories. 
DC671
Fledgling

Good Morning JessicaP,

Respectfully disagree. This  is  policy failure.  Please change  and include Guam as part of the US.  To say Guam is a foreign country is disingenuous.

There are many foreign countries that support Arlo Subscriptions, but Guam is not a foreign country and therefore should be included in the ruleset that it's part of the US of A and therefore one can have an Arlo subscription.

Please advise.

nelsonmd
Onlooker

Arlo Ultra

Enjoy total peace of mind with the ultimate home security camera.

How can I have peace of mind if I cant even access recordings away from home, also not able to receive notifications. Requesting for support, I get back saying if I don't respond it will be marked closed, I click the link to respond, but then says no response case is now closed.

DC671
Fledgling

Good Afternoon JessicaP,

As a mod, you are powerless to effectuate this request, in that you have a process.  Like the other mods, the reply when asked this question is pointing where subscription plans are available.  Once aforementioned reply is posted, I respectfully put that you and the other mods consider this issue "resolved". 

It is not, unfortunately.  It's a pivot. 

Now, I'm not saying this is above your paygrade, but us asking here will not get this fixed.

May I ask where can we submit policy change requests?  

Thank you for your time and hope to hear from you, or someone who actually can help us Americans serving America in the United States, even if it's in the tip of the spear.

nelsonmd
Onlooker

I could not get answers through support,only that to go to the US and set up device there once activated I can bring back to Guam and it will work. So I decided to try and trick the unit that I was in the US by using a VPN router, and it worked.

landino
Novice

I bought an Arlo camera system, after 3 months using it I try to buy the smart plan.  I found out that the smart plans are not available in the USA territories.  It doesn't make sense to sell an incomplete product.

I love the camera system, they are user friendly and have a great resolution.  But the system is incomplete without the smart plan.  I feel like I waste my time and money in this product.

I hope Arlo consider expand their services to the USA territories or other countries where the product is sell and the smart plan is not available.  The product is expensive, to see that after you buy it you can not have the full service.  it is a way to deceive the customer.