Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Set up text notification, customize notification, and more options for grant access

The following enhancements are reqeusted for the Arlo product.

Regarding email notifications.
#1 Can you set it up for Text notification? I've added the email address for texting a phone, but now anyone in the notificaiton list cannot send an MMS to the other person, it is always sending our text messages to the xxx@tmomail.net or xxx@messaging.sprint.com, etc

#2 The messages we receive for motion/sound notificaiton, should be minimized or customizable. The message is so long, and contains information we dont necessarily need. I have tricked the sytsem and added a fake email address as the FIRST email address in the notificaiton list for each of my devices i.e. FRONTHOUSE@arlo.com, LIVINGROOM@arlo.com, so that I can immediatly see where the motion/sound was detected. The message is still quite LONG and contains information we dont need, along with the links to view the video not working.

Regarding user rights (Users > Grant Access). Currently the only options I can give a user are to view Devices and Allow Access Rights, which allows them to change the mode or watch live video. These rights should be checkboxes for ALL RIGHTS the admin has, with the ability to grant them as the user needs them. Something like this,

__Allow user to Change mode to
 (List all modes)
   __  ARMED
 __  DISARMED
 __  Custom Mode ie. Sunday Church

__Allow user to Add a Mode
__Allow user to watch live video
__Stop video stream if movement detected and system is set to record on movement/audio
__Allow turn on/off Siren
__Allow to speak via camera
__Allow New System Setup
__Allow to Buy more cameras?
__Allow to Device Order
__Allow to Change/update Device Name
__Allow to Add/Remove Device
__Allow to Delete Video
__ETC.....

Comments
themagnuseffect
Initiate

I have a camera that another user shared with me and I keep getting push notifications to my iPhone on every motion and sound alert. There doesn't seem to be a way for me to turn those off in the settings for the shared camera, like there is for my own cameras.

I could turn off push notifications alltogether but I want notifications for my other cameras, so that's not an option.

Please implement a feature that enables turning push / email notifications on / off for shared cameras.

arlouser100
Novice

I 100% agree --- notifications should be a user profile preference, not something set by camera and pushed on all connected users. I want to be able to monitor my own cameras more actively, but still want to maintain access to other cameras neighbors have shared with me without seeing every one of their notifications.

clandrau
Initiate

Would to see a chirp option as a audio notification for motion. He siren is good but a bit startling.

NowakerTmp
Star

#1 would be a good feature for paid subscription plans. Text messages ain't free.

badabing143
Follower

did anyone resolve your problem?   I agree that this can be annoying

JamesC
Community Manager
Status changed to: New Ideas

ValleNorte
Guide

Just discovered this issue today as I have been granted access to 4 shared cameras! Very annoying! This should be a simple change! Come on arlo people...sort it out!

djcrownover
Novice

If you grant access to someone using the mobile app, they get all your push notifications.  We need a software enhancement to allow the granted user to shut off the push notifications from your camera.  I'm guessing they don't want to get woke up every time you let your dog out.

Dennikro
Aspirant

I have found this to be very confusing as I'm getting motion alerts from someone else's camera in the middle of the night which then wakes me up thinking there's motion detected on my system.  There should definitely be an option to turn off all push and email notifications for cameras you're connected to but don't want notifications for.  This should be configurable to any user that has access to your system or others.

MAHaines
Novice

Any day now Arlo. Basic stuff here.