Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enable camera speaker for siren use

Each and every camera has a speaker for the PRO 2, why not create a patch file to enable the use of the siren through the camera speaker.  If the owner has cameras setup around their house that would be a great outdoor deterrent

Comments
Retiredcop
Novice

The siren needs to be on the camera. The system is about prevention and by being able to activate a siren on the camera this should prevent entry into the home. 

Retiredcop
Novice

The siren needs to be on the camera. The system is about prevention and by being able to activate a siren on the camera this should prevent entry into the home. Please do this!!!!!

rickyjn
Tutor

Good idea, speakers not loud enough to hear voices, when two way talk actually works. 

jklausen
Aspirant

great idea

ChipDance
Novice

I like this idea, but I can understand how the speaker on the camera might not be loud enough to be useful. However, Netgear, you could add a wireless outdoor loudspeaker to the product line that could be triggered automatically by motion or triggered manually by the opperator as an alarm or as two way talkback.

@HnyBdgrDontCare wrote:

Each and every camera has a speaker for the PRO 2, why not create a patch file to enable the use of the siren through the camera speaker.  If the owner has cameras setup around their house that would be a great outdoor deterrent

bubbasw
Apprentice

or an external powerful  siren unit that would be an add on

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator

bubbasw,

That is a good idea, I would enjoy that as well.

Snowiboy
Novice

Agree, this is needed feature! 

ChrisSoulClann
Aspirant

New to the system and think this would go a long way to help with a number of implementations.

Srki
Initiate

NETGEAR Employee only responds to something that can be in a new product line, just as bubbasw replied. Why would you encourage that? The cameras could be used to at least have a low siren sound. If I want an outdoor siren, there are plenty of cheep and good solutions out there. Netgear's solution would most probably cost 200 USD. Use your existing products and try to satisfy your customers.