Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enable camera speaker for siren use

Each and every camera has a speaker for the PRO 2, why not create a patch file to enable the use of the siren through the camera speaker.  If the owner has cameras setup around their house that would be a great outdoor deterrent

Comments
JamesC
Community Manager

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thank you for posting your idea!

petethepaladin
Aspirant

Great idea!

Awlf
Follower

I really like this idea! I would use it to keep my pets off the table if they trigger the motion sensor. Better than a minute long siren in a distant room.

SteveMonty
Star

Great idea. When the alarm is triggered you can't hear it very well oitside. If the camera would do it as well, knowingly not as loud as the base, that would be great.  I have a hard enough time getting the speaker to work from the app as it is...might as well have the speaker do something.

88pi4nokeys
Aspirant

Very Much agreed NETGEAR, please consider

RightAwey
Fledgling

Yes, please!!  I use these cameras to alert me to bear activity.  The siren inside on the base station is no use for me.  But a loud siren outside at bear activity would scare the bears away from human habitation and ultimately save their lives!  Thank you for your consideration.

Jalpa_Mike
Aspirant

I like this idea also!  It would be perfect to have every camera sound an alarm when you trigger the base station alarm.

I’ve always thought “what good is it to trigger the alarm on the base station when the intruder is outside and probably wouldn’t hear it, based on the location?”

Comiot
Aspirant
I was just thinking of this myself with my new system! That and having the option to have a time stamp on the recorded video. The speakers in the cameras won't be capable of 100db though, but would be sufficient in conjunction with the base station siren.
Andrzej81
Novice

Awesome idea , I would love to see that 

Hatch9279
Guide

yes..  please do !!        the base station siren does nothing for outside.