Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enable Constant Recording for AC Powered Arlo Pros

The new Arlo Pro can be AC powered as well as battery powered. Seems like the Arlo Q's can do Constant Recording since they are AC powered, I understand that constant recording would destroy battery life, but for AC powered Arlo Pro's constant recording should be an option with motion alerts showing as blips on the timeline, and the ability to skip to next motion event. Benefit of this is to see the entire event unfold if the person was in frame the whole time but not triggering motion until close.

Comments
pmoneaux
Onlooker

Yeah it was just too far off.  Like I said, I love the system, just wish they would offer at least one that just rolls all day. Even if you can only keep 24 hours worth of footage (with the ability to download it of course).

JamesC
Community Manager

pmoneaux,

CVR is available on the new Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Q/Q Plus cameras. Take a look here for more information: Arlo Products and Accessories

JamesC

pmoneaux
Onlooker

Awesome!  Why can you only use the CVR option indoors?

From the website:

Upgrade to keep nonstop recordings in the cloud when the camera is plugged in and used indoors.

nixwebo
Aspirant

I suspect the important bit here is "plugged in". Don't think batteries would do well with constant recording. Is it possible that Netgear does not offer weatherproof wiring?

MSBayou
Tutor

I agree. Other wireless camera systems on the market allow continuous live feed.