Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Enable Arlo Smart in Iceland

I live in Iceland and have arlo pro installed. I am just wondering when can we get 24/7 Continuous Video Recording or CVR in Iceland.? Currently. All other Nordic countries including Denmark, Norway, Sweden have these services available. It seems that Iceland has been forgotten.

Comments
Gnarrz
Novice

It also seems that i can’t subscribe to Arlo Smart Plan either here in Iceland. Would be much appreciated.

Gnarrz
Novice
I recently bought the Arlo Pro 3 pack with two cameras and found out you don’t have the Smart Plan available for purchase here in Iceland.
Is there any chance of it becoming available in the future?
leysingi
Fledgling

I recently bought an Arlo Pro 3 system in Iceland. It's a fine, high-quality product but limited by the fact that Arlo doesn't offer Smart Plans in Iceland. When the device is installed, it detects your location through your IP address. After installation, there is no option to change your location. You will then find that your Arlo app gives you no options to subscribe to Arlo Smart Plans and no free trial period is activated. Iceland is one of very few countries in Europe to be omitted from Arlo's Smart Plan coverage. Arlo's products are sold and distributed locally; it seems reasonable to expect that the same should apply for Arlo's Smart Plans as these are required for the products to be used to their full potential. A possible way to circumvent the geographical restriction would be to install the system behind a VPN. It would be far preferable to see Arlo extend its Smart Plan coverage to a country such as Iceland, since this service is being offered by Arlo in virtually all other comparable European countries. It's hard to see any rationale for Iceland to be subject to geo-blocking by Arlo.

HarriLupus
Fledgling

Did you find any solution to this? They seem to be selling a lot of these cameras in Iceland without any mention of this huge limitation. A limitation that sort of makes these cameras pretty useless. I doubt many people have access to a VPN router so maybe there is another solution or they would have gotten all they cameras back returned the store.?

leysingi
Fledgling

This issue remains unresolved, although I've taken it up with the local distributor here in Iceland in addition to Arlo. The system performs a basic and useful function for me without the smart plan but it sure would make a huge difference if those plans were made available here. Otherwise, a much cheaper system could have done the same job. I don't think there's presently any way to circumvent Arlo's geo-blocking other than setting up the system behind a VPN router. I'm not keen on that approach as it just opens up other issues. And it's just the silliest thing, anyway. Iceland is a highly-developed European country with laws and regulations across goods and services that mirror those of the EU. There doesn't seem to be any good reason for Arlo not to offer its smart plans here since they do go to the trouble of offering us their products.

HarriLupus
Fledgling

Yes it is extremely silly especially as Iceland is in the EEA just as Norway and all the same rules apply to it. It seems this feature could be added in less than 5 minutes. Very silly indeed and I do not remember any other software service that is not available in Iceland in the year 2020. 

hjaltipalma
Novice

Seems to be still unresolved, that is, no subscription plan available in Iceland... Such a pity. Would not have bought if I had known this.

Rokkvi
Fledgling

How unprofessional of Arlo to not offer a subscription plan available in Iceland. I have been looking at the EU laws and regulations. It is clearly illegal for a company to deny on European nation any goods or services that is available in other EU or ES counties. I hope the Smart subscription the biggest reason I chose Arlo instead of other systems will be available in Iceland soon. At least Arlo can offer a buyback if they do not plan to offer this in Iceland. Arlo what are you going to do?