Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras|NETGEAR
Top Contributors

ENHANCEMENTS

Would like to see the recording identify the name of the camera in addition to the date and time

5 Comments
Arlo Employee Retired

Good morning Herb,

Thank you for your suggestion! I recommend posting this suggestion on our Idea exchange board as our product development team reviews the suggestions for implementation in future releases.

Click here to be redirected to the Idea Exchange Board.

Best Regards,

Christine

Arlo Team

Guru

Herb wrote:

Would like to see the recording identify the name of the camera in addition to the date and time

If I use the Android app to download the videos it will name according to the camera name as well as timestamp it. For instance I just downloaded a video from my driveway camera which is named "driveway_03_24_2015 12_52_54 <some random number>.mp4". If I do this from the web interface I only get the random number (I'm sure it means something to the Arlo servers).

Guru

If I do this from the web interface I only get the random number (I'm sure it means something to the Arlo servers).

its not a random number, but the date and time in a special format

The file name of each video is in Epoch Time. You may convert that filename here:

http://www.epochconverter.com/

Guru

Heh! I was being a bit silly. I figgered it would be something like that, just not the number of seconds from 1/1/1970...

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived - Not Enough Votes