Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Duplicate a mode would solve several situations

If we could duplicate a current mode, this would solve a few situations.  I envision being able to select a current mode and ask it to be duplicated, which would also force a prompt for a new mode name.  Then I could edit the new mode to make it suit my need at that time.  Here are a few of the situations it would assist or solve, some of which I've seen as separate development requests: 

1. Routine setup of new modes - any new user will set up modes that are very similar, but have some specific changes such as which camera(s) are triggered.  New users wouldn't have to go through multiple duplicative processes which could introduce errors. 

2. A short-term mode for a specific circumstance - a situation may arise when one needs to change a mode setting to accommodate a temporary circumstance (e.g. weather conditions or activity in an area where you don't want a camera to react but all others should continue as before). By duplicating a current mode and adjusting the new mode, the user doesn't have to remember to go back and change the one mode back again, or have to go through extensive programming to create a new mode from scratch.

3. Test - test new cameras or base stations or other equipment, and be able to take them in/out of operation during the testing phase.

Comments
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The Arlo development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate the community’s contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation. Thanks for posting your idea!