Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.
0 Likes

Drag and Drop base station assignment

I would like manage my devices base station assignment by drag and drop.  This can be acheived after I have initially paired both a base station and the camera in question. Usually when I am setting up my cameras I am outside looking for an optimal location and not next to the base station.  I typically will be watching the live video on the camera via the mobile app while positioning.

This becomes an issue for those of us with multiple base stations on the same account and I cross over to a location where I get better signal from a different base station in my home.  But the way it is today, I will have to bring the camera back inside, pair to the new base station and set it back again.

Comments
restrada
Follower

I have a batch of 8 Arlo Pro's and two base stations to cover both ends of the home.  The pairing process is currently a tad annoying in that if I want to move a camera from one base station to another for additional coverage in one area, I have to go to the base station and put it in pairing mode along with the camera.  I can understand this for first-time pairing, but once the cameras are associated with your account and base station it wouild be great to just drag/drop a camera to a different base station.

Does anyone know if there is a feature coming that would allow this in the future?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @restrada,

Thanks for posting your idea! Our development team routinely reviews posts in the Arlo Idea Exchange to assess which features the community would like to see implemented. We greatly appreciate your contribution and will keep the status of this idea updated as we get new information on its potential implementation.